Perth Subdivison and Development

Discussion in 'Development' started by AnasWestie, 8th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AnasWestie

AnasWestie Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I need some guidance. I have 980sqm in Gosnells council (Perth) to subdivide. I have few scenarios.

1. Subdivide into two lots and retain the main house, however that means I need to demolish some part of the main house (extra storage area) in order to have enough land to build ( 14m front width and 30m length). Is this scenario possible? Who could help me with this a surveyor?

2. If I am not allowed to retain the main house, then I would be compelled to knock it down and subdivide to three lots, again where do I start, who do I contact to start this process.

3. Last scenario, if not allowed to retain the house permanently but allowed to retain for sometime (i.e three years from DA) can I still knock some part down (extra storage area) to have enough land to build the first dwelling then say in two years knock the rest down and start building the the other dwellings?

What is your advice to me, what would be ideally the best option.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Westie

2. thydzik

thydzik Well-Known Member

1. Yes, this is possible, seen a lot when a garage is need to be removed to open up the access leg for a battle axe. Speak to a survey, but also a builder/drafter to determine the costs of the modifications.

2. for any subdivision, need to speak to a survey, they also can provide good general advice. Land Division and Land Surveys are two companies that come to mind.

3. probably not, if there is a condition that you can't retain the existing house, you won't get any building approvals till it is demolished.

3. AnasWestie

AnasWestie Well-Known Member

Thank you, I have been emailing surveryors I will email those you recommended as well.

4. Aman Mehta

Aman Mehta Active Member

Hi Anaswestie, Hope you doing well . Want to check what you end up doing , as i am same situation as you were in 2021, mine is corner block so i got option to do granny flat but i am more moving towards Subdivision as keeping property for longer term , would you able to recommend any builder or process .Thanks in advance.

5. Ausprop

Ausprop Well-Known Member

why not subdivide and build a one bedroom flat on the new lot which is the same as a granny flat? then in 10,20,30 years you can clear the site