Perth Subdivision - Electrical Contractor recommendation?

Discussion in 'Development' started by soggy, 7th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. soggy

soggy Well-Known Member

Could anyone recommend an electrical contractor/consultant that deals with Western Power subdivisions? I'm inner city, NOR.

Thought I might use them a bit later on to lay underground cables on the street etc, but I'm needing them earlier to help prepare the extra bits of info required for my Western Power submission. Only a small subdivision, but still need metering single line diagrams, load breakdowns, etc.

Thanks.

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I've used Structerre to do that and I think Western Power themselves have also done the diagram if you pay them to do design.

3. thydzik

thydzik Well-Known Member

up to the dome is WesternPower's responsibility, you can deal with them directly for the design.
    or use a Electrical Engineering to deal with them. Structerre or ehms.com.au is another.

4. soggy

soggy Well-Known Member

Thanks @Westminster, @thydzik and those that messaged me.

I actually want to pay Western Power the $1500 fee to design. But I can't get that far without submitting an application first. Application needs a simple single line diagram. Catch 22 :confused:

Because Western Power is designing, I think I should try a contractor first instead of an engineer.

I believe most triplex and quadruplex WAPC subdivisions have to go through this route if there's some pole to pillar(dome) work.

From the previous forum, I think Holdens Electrical Contracting can do it, so I'll list them here.

There is also a list of Accredited Western Power contractors, I'm starting to look through them:

Western Power: Find an electrical contractor

Edit: I've talked to a contractor from the list. It's just a matter of kicking off the application ourselves to start the design process at Western Power. Not much involvement with contractor yet, but they will help out with the extra bits of info required.

Last edited: 8th Jan, 2016
    Westminster likes this.
  5. thydzik

thydzik Well-Known Member

an electrical contractor or electrical engineer can both do the electrical design. they don't need to be an 'accredited metering service provider'.
    the contractor would probably be limited to basic electrical design, the engineer would most likely be more expensive.

soggy likes this.
  6. Barry Byrne

Barry Byrne New Member

soggy
    Did you have any luck, i am having the same issues now?