Perth subdivision Cost

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by AnasWestie, 9th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AnasWestie

AnasWestie Well-Known Member

Hi guys I need an advice regarding the expected costs of subdivision.

The property is R30 and has main residence. From your experience how much is it for complete subdivison to two lots, that is one lot for main residence and one lot for new residence. This is all in Perth Beckenham area.

Also the cost of 3 lots.

I have been given some unrealistic quotes One Surveyor quoted that for subdivision of a property to two lots will cost between 60 to 90k another one said 40 to 50 per one lot i.e for 3 lots = 120 - 150k!!!
    These were generic quotes that apparently for all property requiring subdivison.

Can people please advice the cost and contact of companies.

Than you

2. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think the first thing you need to do is find out what soil you're dealing with. That's the most relevant item that will determine if it's a straightforward subdivision or one that's gonna cost a pretty penny. Beckenham has a fair bit of subpar soil.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Basically the first lot already has services in the existing lot so most of your costs are the first additional lot - it will cost around $25k in headworks (new services for power, water, sewer), WAPC, surveyors, transfers/legals. So if you want to divide your lot into 2 then it will cost around $25k. If you want to divide your lot into 3 then it's $40-50k.

Note these prices do not include demolition, any earthworks or that some councils may charge a public open space levy for even small subdivisions

4. AnasWestie

AnasWestie Well-Known Member

That was a very accurate estimate. I had multiple quotes from a renowned surveyors and the quotes were reflecting the numbers above.
    Thanks Westminister you have one of the best informative posts on this forum! I am hoping Propertychat are considering giving incentives to those who give regular rich inputs of such degree.