[Perth] Property Staging Recommendations Perth

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by hematite, 31st Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hematite

hematite Well-Known Member

I'm looking at selling a property potentially.

It's a small home 3x2x2 villa. Can anyone suggests a good staging company in Perth that delivers value (i.e. not the cheapest, but the best value one).

Any idea on ball park costs? Anything to look out for?

@sanj @MTR @Westminster

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I use FHSA (ummm Furniture Hire Something Australia)

I pay around $2500 for 6 weeks for a 3 x 2 with all furniture and accessories. I found them excellent at choosing just the right size furniture so that a small place looked larger

I'm pretty sure @DoubleD used them recently for his duplex and they sold first home open 1/77 Aviator Boulevard, Clarkson, WA 6030 - Property Details

3. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

+1 for FHSA

4. DoubleD

DoubleD Well-Known Member

++1 for FHSA and don't be afraid of them drilling holes in the wall to hang artwork up.

5. hematite

Great, thank you. I am sitting on an FHSA couch right now :)

I will call them after Easter Break. I assume after 6 weeks, it's a weekly rental charge? I really hope I sell within 6 weeks though!

Thx!

Sounds good. I have no holes yet for my personal pictures, so it's not such a major deal.

6. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Yup fhsa here too and yes weekly after initial period

7. hematite

FHSA just quoted me $4k for a 5 week rental of my 140 sqm 3x2 (Inc double garage, store, porch). $800 per week after the initial period, iirc.

Seems rather high compared with your experience Myf. Any thoughts as to how you got it down to $2.5k?

8. Westminster

Hmm yes. My last one was 4 apartments at once so there was a discount probably and a discount for being a repeat client. You can see if your REA gets a repeat client discount there maybe?

9. Westminster

@Tommy Batch has a full set of display furniture but I think they sold it with the unit it was so good.

10. Alex P Keaton

Alex P Keaton Well-Known Member

I’ve signed up with fhsa. I liked the vibe I got from the stylist during the consultation. They are coming next week to stage. So I’ll let you know how it goes.

If you want to you can take out a loan for 3 or 6 months. I plan to pay it back as soon as my ip sells.

Yey. I’m pretty excited about it all.

11. Alex P Keaton

Good. Yes that’s what I’m hoping that they’ll be able to make the studio unit look a bit bigger than it is. The lady also mentioned how the staging will help to detract from any negatives. The buyers will be too engrossed and in love with the place to notice some things nearly as much like for instance when I mentioned the paint on the bathroom door wasn’t perfect.

12. Alex P Keaton

Oh. I think I read in my contract it’s $65 per day after the five week period. Which is $500 per week.

I’m thinking we really need to get our asking price right to begin with as it’s going to cost money in staging if it goes over the 5 week period. It also costs me money paying the mortgage of $750 per month.

So I’ll be optimistic yet realistic in what I can sell it for.

13. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

We scrounge all the good bits of furniture across the extended family to make one good house of furniture.

So because we are so cheap we make life misery for our parents, siblings and cousins.

And it happens regularly as my parents siblings and cousins do the same back to us.

It would be good if somebody called a stop to it. But nobody wants to be the first as you have invested so much hassle into looking after everybody else you want to get a return.

It works! Not sure if it works well.

Jess Peletier and Westminster like this.
  14. Westminster

Even worse when you factor in how much your time is worth collecting all the furniture and setting it up.
    But I can see the incentive if there is some nice pieces in the family that do actually work together in a cohesive style.
    I once accidently moved the artfully arrange throw at the end of a styled bed and couldn't for the life of me get it looking right again. I lack the zjuzz gene - so much I don't even know how to spell it but that looks phonetic to me :p

craigc likes this.
  15. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I think it must be juj- like jus, only not ;)

Westminster likes this.
  16. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I am an accountant.

So no juj and no jus. Just grump.

17. hematite

I don't think the non perfect paint on a bathroom door will be an issue. Best of luck with your sale!

18. Westminster

Well after much permutations I found the spelling. Such an issue when you don't know how to spell something therefore can't look it up :p

Turns out not a single J at all!

zhuzh Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

19. Alex P Keaton

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

20. Alex P Keaton

@hematite

I’m thrilled with the job they did. The whole time walking through my unit I kept saying out loud “wow, wow, wow

Haha

Looks awesome!!

I’ll share some photos soon.

Worth every penny spent! I’ll get back the money I spent and make at least 3 times what I spent I reckon which is

Even though I’m realistic of the amount it’ll sell for basing it on compatibles. I’m feeling hopeful and optimistic I’ll get a bit more selling it staged versus selling it empty or with my old furniture. I think I’ll advertise asking low to mid 200’s and see what interest I get. Rather than limiting myself to a number.