WA Perth - Property Management

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Kieran Doyle, 14th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kieran Doyle

Kieran Doyle Member

Hi,

My partner and I are looking for top quality property managers in Perth? Can people please suggest names and contacts. We have an investment property in Marmion. We want someone responsive and that does the duties required? Ideally looking for a boutique company that gives quality service over the sales pitch.

Thanks,

Kieran

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  2. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Sue Heggs. Very responsive, picks good tenants. Only negative some of the tradespeople she uses. Do the job no complaints but price can be a little high. I would avoid her preferred electrician.

Search a few threads on PMs and fees in Perth

Last edited: 14th Jul, 2021
  3. Kieran Doyle

Kieran Doyle Member

Fantastic, will look into Sue Heggs. Thank you very much Shogun.

4. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I use Investor's Edge and I actually posted this in another thread here but here's a copy'n'paste of what I wrote to save me typing it out again. :D You won't go wrong with Investor's Edge. I recently just re-let a property there and they pushed super hard and negotiated up on the rent amount when they really didn't have to. Achieved well above my expectations and well above the actual first offer! That's who you want on your team.

"Hi there,

I use Investor's Edge who have been absolutely amazing in multiple ways. Dianella is actually handed by Jo who is my property manager and honestly, you won't find better. She's an investor herself too which really helps and I can't fault them - and I can assure you I am extremely picky!

Jarrad runs a tight ship and is a serious investor himself too with skin in the game so he gets it from a landlord PoV as well which is very important.

Investors Edge Real Estate: Property Management Company in Perth WA

No referral fees or kick backs for me, just credit where credit is due.

Good luck!

- Andrew"

Perky29 and Michael Mitchell like this.
  5. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I contacted "Investors Edge" the fees were a lot more that 9% plus gst.
    I found the salesman to be pushy and their needs were greater than mine. He started trying to recommend them to sell my propety. Also didn't listen to my instructions. I work nights and sleep all day the he kept trying to ring me when I was sleeping. I thought the $180 (around that from memory) lease renewal fee was too much after their 1 or 2 weeks new lease fee

Last edited: 15th Jul, 2021
    Seagreen, Corkey, Trall and 4 others like this.
  6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I highly recommend TC Realestate - small firm that handle all my properties. They aren't the cheapest but they are proactive, responsive and manage me and my tenants with a firm hand :)

Contact | TC Real Estate

7. Jarrad Mahon

Jarrad Mahon Active Member

Hi Shogun, I’m sorry Jewayne came off that way and was calling you while you were sleeping. He is persistent and a great communicator and normally that leaves our clients delighted.

I can see how it frustrated you this time and Jewayne certainly did not intend to have that effect.

We do require the properties we manage to be well presented and in good condition to attract quality tenants, so your place did require work to meet our criteria and I appreciate that not everyone wants to maintain their property to such a high standard… so it sounds like we are not the right fit for working together.

When you said to him that you were thinking of selling, of course he would suggest getting an appraisal from us. I personally handle our sales and get bloody great results for our clients.

Hope you have gotten the results you were looking for.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  8. zayney

zayney Member

I use Investors Edge and would highjly recommend them as well. While their fees were more then some of the others, I found their service was excellent. I dealt with Jewayne a few years ago and found him much better then some of the other agents Ive dealt with in the past. With me being in Melb, he went above and beyond what some of my other PM's do.

9. Damo80

Damo80 Member

Is anyone familiar with/using (or used) VUE Realty? I've just purchased a property in Forrestfield with existing tenant looking to stay on. Currently managed by Professionals Stirling Clark. Their all inclusive management fee is 15% ex GST. VUE Realty seem well reviewed based on reviews I found online, and existing communication has been really positive. They have a 9%+ inclusive fee (inclusive of everything except new lease which is charged at 1 weeks rent. Lease renewals are included).

In some ways I'm reluctant to rock the boat with existing management, but ~5%+ in savings is significant when the aim is to build wealth (mine, not the property managers!).

Cheers,
    Damien

Shogun likes this.
  10. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

Quite a few people here using Investors Edge.
    I can vouch for our two properties the same experience.
    We have one property in the Bayswater Council area handled by Jo Beecroft, she is excellent.
    The other property in the Joondalup area handled by Erica, who is also an excellent PM.
    I would highly recommend both.
    Cheers - David

11. Damo80

Damo80 Member

Thanks. I'd seen them mentioned and recommended a few times. I also got the impression their fees are ultimately not too dissimilar from the current management. I'll hit them up for pricing though and see what it comes in at.

Cheers,
    Damien

12. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

May this year

Trall and Damo80 like this.
  13. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

*bump* I'm looking for a PM for a residential property in the Rockingham region. Any recommendations? It's a pretty straightforward place.

14. ALT

ALT Well-Known Member

With the current shortage of rental properties in Perth at the moment, owners with larger portfolios are in a good position to negotiate fees with the some Property Management Businesses.

I have found the smaller Businesses with lower overheads and that specialize in Property Management Offer better service and pricing than the bigger Real Estate Companies, that have property management as a side business.

Approximately 18 months ago I came across a company that I now use for all my properties in Perth. I was skeptical at first because of the low fees and they do not advertise, more of a word of mouth business.

I currently pay 5.5% inclusive management fee with 1 week leasing fee for new leases only and $99 advertising. This is for 5+ investment properties.

No lock in contract, they are very thorough with tenant selection, have a six monthly rent review, are on top of maintenance issues and source well priced quotes. Rent is paid weekly and fortnightly which is much better for cash flow. This is one of the better management companies I have used in my 15+ years of investing in Perth.

DM if interested. I will only offer a referral to them for owners with larger portfolios or 1 or 2 blue chip investment properties.

15. Mark_Syd

Mark_Syd Member

Can't seem to dm you @ALT? Will be settling on an investment in Duncraig area early in the new year and I have been reaching out to a few property managers the last few days. Your 5.5% is definitely the most cost effective I have seen. Bit shocked at some of the quotes coming in (used to NSW / QLD prices). 10% seems to be the starting point.

Anyone using Oscar @ ww.dedicatedpm.com.au ? Love his pricing model and is definitely on my short list at the moment.

16. ALT

ALT Well-Known Member

Hi Mark,

The 5.5% was for 5 or more properties. For just 1 it would be around 8%.

Regards
    Alex

JessicaMelbourne likes this.
  17. Mark_Syd

Mark_Syd Member

Thanks Alex, that's still quite reasonable. If you are happy to PM the details that would be much appreciated.

18. Kieran Doyle

Kieran Doyle Member

Hi All, I interviewed 3 PM's. I ended up going with Benchmark Property Management at Joondalup. Megan there was fantastic with no lock in contract. The one thing I will say about this is I paid more for our PM's than I would have wanted to. However, they got me (I believe) 100 bucks more per week than any of the others would have got and quoted. All others quoted way under our rented listing price. They also assisted with a lockbox and photos when I was getting renos done so I found it to be value for money for an out of state purchase. I also spoke with Sue Heggs who was a very close second as @Shogun mentioned above. If all else failed with Benchmark PM at Joondalup I would go with Sue Heggs in Northern Suburbs. Sounds like she runs a tight ship.
    Note with Benchmark it is a no lock in contract. I note some will say I over paid but also check the add ons. I done a spreadsheet of costs and the add ons become more costly in the long run. EG add on fees like Contract renewals, admin fees, inspections etc. Benchmark took far better care and have more attention to detail with property management and point out potential issues far quicker. We had another PM do property report prior to the renos and they were hopeless. Missed half the house and missed it in my initial scope of work until Benchmark done another review. It was all work that needed to be done.

Shogun likes this.
  19. Mark_Syd

Mark_Syd Member

Thanks Kieran, I spoke with 4 or 5 agents last week but Benchmark wasn't one of them so I can't comment on the price comparison. I was looking for an all in price (apart from re-leasing / advertising) as I really don't like the charge for this, charge for that approach most of the agents over in WA seem to like. Have signed up today with Alex's recommendation after having a chat with them on Friday, paying very similar amount to what I would be in NSW and less than what I pay in Qld.

20. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

It is so true!

Is there any recommendation for Rockingham area PM and what are you. Curently paying?

momentum26 likes this.