Perth -PPOR

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by AVS, 4th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. AVS

AVS Active Member

All,
    I have been long time reader of the forum but have been inactive in past few months. I have recently moved to Perth and looking to buy PPOR which will be investment property at some stage (~10 years). My budget is around 600k can stretch it up to 675k if required. Thinking of having 4X2. School to be considered but not key goal as kids yet to start school in next few years. Preference is to be South of river as most of the friends are SOR. What suburbs would you suggest?

PS. Previous PPOR was in close proximity to popular beach and shopping center so would love to find something similar. (Equivalent of Brighton in Adelaide) in my price range.

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

How important is a big block?

My immediate thoughts were maybe Leeming or Kardinya.

VICPER and AVS like this.
  3. AVS

AVS Active Member

Preference but not mandatory. House of around 400m2 will be good.

4. VICPER

VICPER Well-Known Member

AVS and Jess Peletier like this.
  5. AVS

AVS Active Member

Thanks, I am wondering if I should prefer building new house/purchasing new house considering the 25k grant. I understand decision should not be based on it but if I can get it in my by budget then it would be best. What are people's thought on suburb such as Treeby, Success etc

6. VICPER

VICPER Well-Known Member

My friend has investment property here, very close to cockburn station. I have checked this area, I personally wouldn't consider living in this area. Maybe check out Harrisdale, Heron Park Estate? Apparently, the Rosmoyne school principal managing the new school in Harrisdale.

In regards to building, if you are a first home buyer I would recommend buying an established house. The savings in stamp duty is better than the FHG.

AVS likes this.
  7. AVS

AVS Active Member

What are the best suburbs to buy new property at the moment? As I mentioned earlier it will be for PPOR and future investment. Which suburb would you suggest for established house ? So far I have heard Canning Vale, Bull Creek etc

Last edited: 7th Jun, 2020
  8. Cherry bowl

Cherry bowl Member

As far as Aubin grove/treeby. What about that area Makes you not want to consider living there? Gateway shopping centre has confirmed future developments (cinema ect). A Rec centre and the trains stations are close by. Along with a multitude of cafes and shops ect. Aubin grove also has the best primary school in the state. I can’t see why? Could you shed some light as I wouldn’t mind learning. Thanks heaps