Perth Planning News Thread

Discussion in 'Development' started by theperthurbanist, 8th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

The policy is effective immediately. As for whether it has been gazetted? Good question, I don't think Development Control policies are formally 'approved by the minister' and wherefore are probably not gazetted, but I could be wrong. Regardless, the document has force under the Act as an operating policy of the WAPC.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

This is a bit cool

@JL1 I think you'd like this

City of Perth Approved Development Applications Oct 2017

Perthguy, Braz, JL1 and 2 others like this.
  3. JL1

JL1 Well-Known Member

Very cool, but they need to update their EQ models to the more recent approvals ;)

[​IMG]

Matthew Hughes and thydzik like this.
  4. theperthurbanist

Strata Titles Reform – update
    The Minister for Transport; Planning and Lands says the state government aims to introduce the new strata title legislation into Parliament in mid-2018 to give industry certainty and clarity as soon as possible

5. Westminster

Is my brain playing tricks? I swear last week when I read this it mentioned laneways/ROW for the greater than 5% variation but now doesn't

6. bm229

bm229 New Member

Yes, i read the same

7. theperthurbanist

MRA & LANDCORP TO MERGE

The State Government has announced today that Western Australia's two land development agencies, LandCorp and the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority, will be merged progressively over two years.

Minister for Transport, Planning and Lands the Hon. Rita Saffioti said that the merger is part of the State Government's ongoing bid to drive efficiencies and improve outcomes for land development and housing affordability.

It is hoped that by creating one central agency for land development, the McGowan Government will reduce duplication and provide a more effective and professional organisation.

The new land development agency will also include the creation of the Industrial Lands Authority arm. The Authority is a McGowan Government election commitment aimed at removing barriers to investment and identifying new opportunities for industry innovation and expansion.

The government is also investigating how the Department of Communities' housing development arm could potentially be integrated.

This move follows the government's announcement last week of a 'reform team' that will be established within the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage to review and deliver improvements to WA’s planning system.

The full government media release on the merge can be found
    here.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Could that have been a public consultation version of the document vs the final released policy?

I remember it went out for public consultation but I don't think I saved a copy of that version.

9. thydzik

thydzik Well-Known Member

10. Wei Duan

Wei Duan New Member

The draft LPS 3 has increased the zoning of many streets of Nedlands and Dalkeith from R10 to R40. This is going to be a massive change to the two suburbs.

Propin and Perthguy like this.
  11. theperthurbanist

Minor amendments to State Planning Policy 3.1 – Residential Design Codes
    These minor amendments address stakeholder concerns regarding misinterpretation and inconsistency of application of certain provisions of the Residential Design Codes (R-Codes) and improve alignment of the R-Codes with the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations.
    Residential design codes

12. theperthurbanist

I haven't had a chance to look at these yet, not sure how significant they are...

13. theperthurbanist

City of Joondalup Local Planning Strategy
    The City of Joondalup Local Planning Strategy is now available. Endorsed by the WAPC on 10 November 2017, the purpose of the Strategy is to enable Council and the community to determine the vision and strategic planning direction for the City of Joondalup for the next 10 to 15 years.
    Joondalup City of

Propin likes this.
  14. Westminster

I'm pretty excited by the reduction of aged/dependant units being dropped from 5 down to 2 dwellings. This breaks down a barrier for smaller developments to take place for ageing/care in place close to where people once lived.
    It also gives opportunity to mix up developments into half aged/dependant and half normal.

15. theperthurbanist

Absolutely. A good move for Perth and a good opportunity for developers! Win-win.

16. theperthurbanist

Community Title legislation on track

Landgate has advised that the Strata Titles Amendment Bill and the Community Titles Bill will be delivered into Parliament by mid-2018. Landgate is aiming to release the two final consultation drafts of the Bills, the Termination of schemes (Strata Titles Amendment Bill) and the Community Titles Bill (tenure portion) for a 30 day consultation period in February 2018.

Due to time constraints, the Community Titles Bill will not be open for public comment, however feedback was already obtained during the comment period for the Strata Titles Amendment Bill. While Leasehold Strata will be consulted on informally via a detailed position paper prior to March 2018.

If you have any questions about the consultation process or the Bills themselves please email the Landgate’s website.

17. Westminster

But now - I can't find the ammendment from 5 down to 2 on the ammendment document on Planning website.
    Feeling deja vu again when I was sure the over 5% variation was going to apply to ROWs and then wasn't

18. theperthurbanist

Hmm, where did you see reference to the reduction from 5 dwellings to 2? I received the Property Council alert saying it was one of the changes (but never saw it in the policy) and have just found out the Property Council email was incorrect and there in fact was no change to the minimum number of dwellings! :eek:

19. Westminster

It was on the proposed ammendments then like you I saw the Property Council email and thought "woohoo" then when you posted up the link either I didn't click on it and was just assuming because I read the Property Council or it was in the link.
    I'm not helpful!
    So damn. There goes my excitement.

20. Westminster

The Property Council email also said that there was going to be changes to the definition of multiple dwelling but I can't see that in the final amendments.
    Did anything happen there?