Perth Planning News Thread

Discussion in 'Development' started by theperthurbanist, 8th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

Yeah I had no idea about the Infinite Wealth ties...

2. theperthurbanist

Approval given to Wilkins Road rezoning
    Monday, 23 January 2017

Planning Minister Donna Faragher today announced the State Government's support for rezoning almost 11 hectares of land in Kalamunda from Parks and Recreation to Urban, through an amendment to the Metropolitan Region Scheme.

Full media release here:
    Media Statements - Approval given to Wilkins Road rezoning

3. A.Baxter

A.Baxter Member

I'm not surprised. Infinite Wealth is made up of sales people and Tim whom I describe as a great motivational speaker but his talks lack content and just go around in circles. IMO Infinite Wealth are just out there to get the $800 per person they get for each sign up at their seminars then just lay out a generic strategy for anyone that walks in the door...
    This tie is no coincidence

Westminster likes this.
  4. theperthurbanist

$800!? I'd times that by about 30 and say that's about what they make in commissions off each person (per property purchase).

5. theperthurbanist

Amendments to local infill policy – Gosnells
    The City of Gosnells has released for comment, proposed amendments to Local Planning Policies 3.2 – Coordination of Infill Development; and 4.8 – Residential Density Bonus – Corner Lots. The proposed amendments seek to modify drainage requirements for infill and corner lot development, reducing the volume of stormwater to be retained on site. Provisions enabling the variation of requirements by the City based on site topography and soil conditions where necessary will still be retained. Feedback on the draft amendments are welcomed until 13 February, with copies of the amended policies available on the City of Gosnells website here.

6. Wooden

Wooden Active Member

Gosnells make you put in about twice as many soakwells due to their soil and watertable issues there... developer beware!

Perthguy likes this.
  7. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

don't forget the build-strata open space contributions....

8. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

9. A.Baxter

A.Baxter Member

Yeh my bad I meant they take $800 off people before the people paying them know who they are dealing with - the typical salesman- style seminar structure I guess.

10. Aaron Sice

Perthguy likes this.
  11. theperthurbanist

Unbelievable that the City would make the ceding of a 97sqm local open space a condition of subdivision, when they push back on you designing a development with 2000sqm pocket park because 'anything under 4000sqm is too small to maintain'. I would have called their bluff and constructed the damn thing. The open space could act as amenity for the triplex if well designed (and would likely be perceived as private space anyway due to its size and position) and then you could force the LGA to maintain the bloody thing for you!

Perthguy likes this.
  12. theperthurbanist

13. Aaron Sice

They have a right to request it - that hasnt been removed.

14. theperthurbanist

FYI for those who hadn't heard: the State's long term Transport Plan was released this week:

The transport plan was released for public comment in July 2016. Some changes have been made following the consultation period.

These changes include:

• The proposed subway has been expanded to include South Perth, UWA and QEII Medical Centre.

• A new rail link is proposed between Bayswater and Morley.

The Ellenbrook rail line, also made an appearance, scheduled to be ready when Perth's population hits 3.5 million in 2050

The Transport portfolio has proposed to develop sub-regional transport plans that will align with the upcoming finalised Perth and Peel @ 3.5million land use planning frameworks.

The plan can be downloaded here:
    Transport @ 3.5 Million

15. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

IMG_3017.PNG Saw this on Facebook today - Labors rail plans for Morley, Beechboro, Ellenbrook.

A new Train Station for Bayswater also.

theperthurbanist likes this.
  16. theperthurbanist

City of Fremantle Small Secondary Dwellings - Scheme Amendment 69

In December 2011 the Minister for Planning approved the City’s Amendment 46, which allowed homeowners to build a small secondary dwelling on their property and independently lease this dwelling. This was a Western Australian first and paved the way for state-wide changes in small dwellings policy.

These approved provisions for small secondary dwellings included a sunset clause, meaning the provisions would only apply in the City of Fremantle for five (5) years after gazettal. This clause was to enable future review taking into consideration any significant changes that may occur after the introduction of the provisions.

This sunset clause has now expired. Therefore, the City has initiated Scheme Amendment 69 to remove the clause and continue using the small secondary dwelling provisions.

As you may already be aware, over the past five years there have been significant changes to the planning system that have changed some of the differences the small secondary dwelling provisions introduced.

Small secondary dwellings played one part in a unique suite of approaches to promote housing innovation, affordability and diversity. The City is continuing to investigate housing options for Fremantle, including the recent Freo Alternative: Big Thinking About Small Housing project considering how more smaller housing options could be provided in Fremantle suburbs.

The City of Fremantle welcomes your comments to help inform whether the small secondary dwelling provisions should remain in Fremantle.

Further information
    Additional information regarding the amendment can be found here or you can also request to view an information pack at the City of Fremantle’s customer service counter. The information pack includes the council report and meeting minutes, scheme amendment report and submission form.

JohnPropChat and thatbum like this.
  17. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

This is going back a while so correct me if I am wrong but I think I read a SAT case about open space, ceding land and cash-in-lieu. I'll try to remember how it goes.

Ok, so in the Planning and Development Act 2005, s 153 states, "If the Commission has approved a plan of subdivision of land on condition that a portion of the land be set aside and vested in the Crown for parks, recreation grounds or open spaces generally..."

So the first step is that the Commission approves a plan of subdivision with a condition that land be ceded. This is how we get into the situation where ceding of a 97sqm local open space becomes a condition of subdivision.

s 153 of the PDA is about Payment in lieu of giving land for open space, when permitted. This part applies to your attempt to actually construct it!

If the Commission has approved a plan of subdivision of land on condition that a portion of the land be set aside and vested in the Crown for parks, recreation grounds or open spaces generally and —

(a) the Commission, after consultation with the local government in whose district the portion is situated, so requires; or

(b) the Commission, the local government in whose district the portion is situated and the owner of the land so agree,

the owner of that land is to, in lieu of setting aside the portion, pay to that local government a sum that represents the value of the portion.

Effectively then, the Commission and local government can require you to provide cash-in-lieu of public open space under 153.(1)(a). This would mean if you tried to construct, the local government would not clear the condition.

JohnPropChat likes this.
  18. zac101

zac101 Well-Known Member

Labor seems to be now taking the cheaper / easier but less efficient path of connecting Morley to Bayswater, rather than going directly from Morley to Perth station.

Liberals, in their Perth @3.5 million transport plan, released in July 2016, envisaged a direct underground heavy rail from Morley to Perth. But then the transport minister changed and Liberals never discussed that plan again.

Who do you trust!

JohnPropChat likes this.
  19. Aaron Sice

Just surrender to the malarkey and give up all hope.

That way you can live in peace and avoid the stress.

20. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

City of Cockburn are now demanding POS contributions for 3 lots and over in Hamilton Hill. I'm not sure of the surrounding suburbs.