Perth Planning News Thread

Discussion in 'Development' started by theperthurbanist, 8th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

2. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Was R5 up until recently (6 yrs?) so I guess that's a step up?? I do wish I bought at R5... maybe R20 is a good thing??? Not everyone wants to love thy neighbour??

3. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

Oh I agree 100% @Propin but if they want an activated waterfront with what limited waterfront they have, R20 and 20m frontages isnt going to cut it.

Thats the Subiaco model and we all know what that's like now.

Propin likes this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Anyone got any news on Vincent's TPS2? The WAPC meeting it was on last month was confidential. I can't believe how long it's taking :mad:

5. UrbanPlanner

UrbanPlanner Well-Known Member

Minister for Planning has stuck it to the City of South Perth and rather than trying to reverse the ability for increased height throughout the peninsular (which CoSP created to begin with), has abolished the height limit altogether, making it subject to various design criteria. The requirement for 50% non-residential has also been reduced, which has been the only legal basis for a lot of these supreme court judicial reviews by residents with too much time/money. A lot of developers in that precinct will be breathing a sigh of relief

Media Statements - Design behind decision on Amendment 46

6. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

Minor DAP Changes Announced

Minister for Planning Donna Faragher has confirmed minor changes to the Development Assessment Panel System that will come into effect on February 1, 2017.

Planning Minister Donna Faragher said once the changes took effect, more advance notice would be given for DAP meetings and decisions more clearly communicated to the public.

"These changes will ensure the DAP system remains flexible and responsive to community expectations while continuing to provide the best possible planning outcomes for Western Australia," Mrs Faragher said.

The amendments are detailed in Practice Note 11: DAP Amendment Regulations 2016.

Full media statement here: Media Statements - Changes set to improve DAP system

Aaron Sice likes this.
  7. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

JohnPropChat likes this.
  8. theperthurbanist

City of Kwinana – draft streetscapes policy released
    The City of Kwinana has this week release a draft Urban Amenity Strategy, and Local Planning Policy No.2 Streetscapes for advertising until Jan 20, 2017. These documents have been prepared to guide the amenity and development of streets within new subdivisions. The release of these documents follows numerous meetings between the local authority, UDIA representatives and landholders within the area, to address concerns in regard to overly prescriptive requirements, and provisions likely to have substantial impacts on cost and housing affordability. The current drafts have incorporated changes as result of consultation, with UDIA and representatives currently reviewing these changes ahead of the submission deadline. The draft LPP and Urban Amenity Strategy can be found here.

thatbum likes this.
  9. theperthurbanist

Affordable housing project in Greenwood
    The East Green project in Greenwood which will see 140 new affordable homes delivered. The Housing Authority has partnered with Frasers Property Group to finance and deliver the $42 million project, with construction expected to be completed by mid-2020. The project will involve a full build out of the 3.86 hectare site, including the construction of one, two and three-bedroom homes and incorporating 25% public open space. More information can be found on the project website, here.

Propin likes this.
  10. theperthurbanist

Fitzy1903 likes this.
  11. zac101

zac101 Well-Known Member

Any news about the Morley heavy rail link to City?

12. iDex

iDex Well-Known Member

Has any PCer gone into or are considering buying some of those large parcels of land near the Forestfield station?

13. theperthurbanist

Not sure but I dare say a good deal of the capital growth has already been priced in. That being said, proximity to a train station certainly helps when it comes to long-term capital growth prospects.

14. theperthurbanist

Just be careful with the split coding lots in Forrestfield as I seem to recall there are conditions for the upcoding that have caught a number of buyers (hoping to subdivide) out.

15. theperthurbanist

I haven't heard any news recently. The Morely rail link was one of Dean Nalder's babies, so with Bill Marmion in charge of the transport portfolio now it may not be as high a priority. I Haven't actually heard Marmion commit to the project, just say he needed to consider it further.

Then again regardless of what is said, my level of trust in state government delivering on transit promises is flakey at best these days. I think even when Nalder was in charge there was some divide within Labour as to weather a Morely line was a viable option.

Transit was such a hot topic at the last election it will be interesting to see if it garners the same attention this time around. I cant help but feel like the voting public has been a bit burnt by the high profile broken promises of the last election - knowing this maybe neither party will use it as the backbone of an election campaign because they may feel people will dispel whatever claims they make.

I'll certainly be stoked if the Morely link goes through though!

zac101 likes this.
  16. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Yay!!!! As per previous post Ashfield will have 45Million$ upgrade to Ashfield reserve and be home to Perth Glory.

Perthguy and Westminster like this.
  17. theperthurbanist

Was there another announcement on this or are you just re-exerting your previous excitement @Propin?

18. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

False alarm!!! I jumped the gun a bit quoting a Facebook status which wasn't accurate. Here is the news update, which isn't any real news...it's still only a maybe and Barnet looking for votes
    State Election 2017: Ashfield to house a $37 million soccer base, if Liberals are re-elected | Community News Group

Edit - another report here Liberals commit to $37 million WA home of football in Ashfield if re-elected

Last edited: 21st Jan, 2017
    theperthurbanist likes this.
  19. Mike Valetta

Mike Valetta Member

Another builder gone bust with Builton more than likely going into receivership next week. Shaping up to be a pretty grim year on the property front.

20. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Yeah that was pretty scary news. They had a big range of projects going and it will be a mess to clean up
    What was interesting was the mention of Tim Guest and Infinite Wealth ties in the article
    Builton close to collapse
    @A.Baxter

A.Baxter likes this.