Perth - Paving

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by SaberX, 16th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. SaberX

SaberX Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just wondering - I had a quote from brikmakers who do their own supply and install of pavers. I wasn't sure what the 'market' price for pavers was. Is it generally cheaper I would have thought for the paving company to supply and subcontract out work than to go through an independent paver?

I also thought the risk of paving outside or through an independent paver may mean quality or warranty/issues don't get sorted? Can anyone offer some advice or recommendations?

So far I have 54m2 of a plain modpave (50mm) pavers:

Brikmakers - Modpave 50, Silver, Residential Pavers

And another 12.9m2 of extending an existing alfresco of tundra granite pavers:

Brikmakers - Vistapave 50, Tundra, Residential Pavers

They estimate only 5.5 packs of the modpave silvers, 1 pack of tundra, and 2m3 of sand and a skip bin would be required. Plus 2 hours of manual time. So far they've quoted circa $3250 excl. GST, and the deposit shows that cost of pavers appears to be closer to $1,450. That puts the cost of installation, sand, and skip bin at $1,800. It seems abit high but I am not sure?

Has anyone got some rough prices for this sort of simple pavers? It is just a typical small lot house, so 1-1.5 m wide clearances down the side and back of the lot. Apart from gutter drains the sand just has the odd rubble etc but is generally foundations height or more. So just some more sand and levelling needed.Hence the additional sand.

Should I goto market ? I am in a rush to get it done before i start my new job (so i can be home). But if the price i've been quoted is pretty shabby I'd like to know? And how best can i identify who will do a decent job - don't want to end up one of those people with a shoddy job.

2. Scaphella

Scaphella Well-Known Member

So you need 67m2 paved. I paid $600 cash 2 months ago for 30m2 vista pave installed, sand was extra. Shove an add on service seeking and you can see the reviews of the people quoting.