WA Perth or Brisbane - for Investment

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Hari, 25th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hari

Hari Active Member

Hi All,

Looking for thoughts on which general area to invest(IP) - Perth or Brisbane.
    I am looking to invest around 700K for a free standing house and looking for capital growth.

Have 2 IP's in Brisbane and one in Perth. So, is it a good idea to go for Perth or with the infrastructure investments going into Brisbane and surrounds(Olympics), do you see value in getting another property in Brisbane. However, this will increase my exposure in one area.

Once borders open, I believe, immigration will start and Perth is in a good position, in terms of rental demand and shortage of supply.

If I can only invest in one IP - what would you suggest - Perth or Brisbane. Appreciate if you share your thoughts on why.

Thanks for your inputs.

Last edited: 25th Aug, 2021
  2. PeterCr

PeterCr Well-Known Member

700K in perth may get you a few options for free standing house. Perhaps depends on your risk tolerance and diversification. Some of the Perth Suburbs have not reached their previous peaks so there may be potential to buy well

3. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Im not aware of current Brisbane prices but believe Perth would get you a better property at that budget (semi blue chip) while Brisbane might only get upper end working class in that price range.

As for markets as a city cannot comment of any prediction but Perth is coming out of a real recession in housing market and Brisbane has the Olympics going for it.

If your in Sydney maybe Brisbane makes things easier to go check out once borders open

4. Hari

Hari Active Member

Thanks Gach, yes, that's where I am not able to decide which city and surrounds are better. As for visiting to buy, I always use buyers agents. So, not limited to a particular city. However, I would like to narrow down on an area and then use the buyers agents that operate locally.

I am worried that taking the question that I posted to a buyers agent will get me a biased answer.

5. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

It is a shame u feel u need to close down options to keep a buyers agent happy.

If an agent wasn't in the picture would u look at both?

If it was me I would keep both options open.

Agent in each place? But still just choose one property?