WA Perth - Northern Corridor

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Scott Townsend, 22nd May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Balman

Balman Well-Known Member

In my personal opinion Clarkson would probably the furtherest i would like to invest . There is plenty of land on either side of the marion around Clarkson for sale (namely the catalina and burns beach developments) . Don't know how well these are selling? Maybe @Westminster who developed something in Catalina would know better. Also what are the long term plans for the Tamala Park dump in kinross/clarkson next to Catalina, Anyone know? Heard its going to be turned into a Golf course (only hear say). I personally wouldn't like to live anywhere near it for now with the stench that blows having to drive past it on a daily basis.

2. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

I always found Merriwa interesting. Much cheaper than suburbs on either side (Clarkson and Bulter). I think it has some stigma but good bargains though.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

When I did the tour of Tamala Park for a school excursion this year they said it has about 5yrs of life left and they are trying to get some land out in Gingin for the next tip. Judging by past uses of ex tips a golf course is a possibility and one that many locals are hoping for. Otherwise parklands or just revert back to bushland.

The smell is a funny thing. I can always smell it when I drive past but I hardly ever smell it when I'm in Catalina. It's been maybe twice in the past year that I can smell it.

At the moment Clarkson is suffering like the rest of Perth - average time to sell is around 70 days. I put my duplex on the market to test the waters and it hasn't sold and so I'm going to rent it out and wait for market to rise.

ottg and Perthguy like this.
  4. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

Google maps doesn't take the Burns Beach Rd / Connolly Drive roundabout into account for that 45 mins. Or the Hester Ave roundabout.

Whitfords / Kallaroo is the same price for a slightly smaller and older home on a big block versus something new in Chianti or Jindalee. You would need to drop a bedroom but it's still there. Hence why I mentioned it.

Westminster likes this.
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

DO NOT attempt the Burns Beach Rd/Connolly Drive roundabout at school o'clock (8-9, 2:30-3:45) unless you have a spare 30 mins o_Oo_O. It will improve when the freeway goes through though.

6. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

I know - I used to be in Burns Beach for 5 years. It was hell then and it's only worse now.

7. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have this issue with Karrinyup South

Flipper, hathro and Skuttles like this.
  8. ottg

ottg Well-Known Member

Perthguy likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia