WA Perth Market rentals

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Beginner1, 28th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Beginner1

Beginner1 Well-Known Member

Hi all - we had a home open today to rent a property (house on a suburban block) in the eastern suburbs of Perth. About 30-40 groups of people went through (about 80 people). The property is being advertised for a relatively high weekly rental for the area. Although I know there is short supply at the moment, that is incredible! Our agent has already received several applications (some were received even prior to visiting the property). I have mixed feelings - on one hand we are very lucky to have such interest; on the other hand so many people will miss out.

2. Jarrad Mahon

Jarrad Mahon Active Member

It’s clear from the numbers that your agent got the price wrong and had they been monitoring enquiry levels during the week they could have increased the price before the first home open, notifying everyone. It’s a crazy market out there and very tough for tenants but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get the best price and quality of tenants.

3. Beginner1

Beginner1 Well-Known Member

The advertised price was agreed between the agent and ourselves and we were already on the high side. With the benefit of hindsight I guess we could have put a higher price on it. However, we are very happy with the agent and I think we are in a good position re tenant and rental return.

Jarrad Mahon likes this.
  4. OneTrader

OneTrader Active Member

I recently secured a 2 bedroom villa in the rivervale area approx 15 minute drive to Perth CBD. Villa is in a group of 6.
    Has closed garage and additional park at back. Renovated kitchen and bathroom with split system air-conditioning to master bedroom and living room.

Just wondering if $350 per week is too much of an ask for this one? But I notice lots of tenants looking for rentals so I want to push the envelope a bit...

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia