WA Perth Market 2022

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MTR, 1st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Smart money has been buying in 2021 when market started rising … buying at $300k with 6% yields now at $450k and rising

2. Sam123456

Sam123456 Well-Known Member

Tbh I'm not really sure what proportion of new loans are investor loans. I know that last boom wasn't an investor led boom. Of course there's always investors but it was a temporary sharp increase in immigration that caused it.

Really need some data on interstate migration to WA. If that is happening in high numbers, then the boom might have legs, otherwise I'd think it's just a matter of all the under construction homes getting finished and rental tightness easing.

3. Nando Lee

Nando Lee Well-Known Member

Interesting data. Perth and Darwin having more properties sold. Other capital cities declined. Screenshot_20220621-224034_Facebook.jpg

Emilyemily, PeterCr, Propin and 3 others like this.
  4. K168

K168 Well-Known Member

Nice to know. If this keeps up for another 6-12 months sell then? What about interest rate increases would that start driving demand down so should start selling now

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

But rents are increasing. If its not costing anything to hold is there any point selling

Shogun likes this.
  6. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

If you ignore the Putin factor.

Why would you be planning to sell in Perth in 6/12 months unless you have a better use for your money?

I RE on the weekend told me the buying market had dulled a little. Buyers were being a little more careful with their offers.

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Interesting
    I spoke to re agent in Rockingham they can not get enough stock to meet demand. Red hot

Another suburb I am targeting same scenario, not enough stock, pushing prices up. Agents screaming for listings to meet demand

8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

As I said .... rates will blunt crazy prices but it will still go up in Perth.

When you are getting $550-600 for houses I am building for less than $420k it is a no brainer.

9. K168

K168 Well-Known Member

I have a different driver, I must sell a Perth house owner occupier in the $1.5 range to buy a future Melbourne house in the $1.5 range. I am trying to optimise so I can sell the Perth house close to peak as possible and then wait to buy owner occupier in Melbourne after.

Peter gavalas likes this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My builder advised my 3 villa develop would cost close to an addition $200,000 to build. Its got to be passed on to buyers

Peter gavalas and sash like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Can you share suburb??

12. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I was just a random home open I drove past. So just called in to meet a new RE.

She had had several offers at 95% of asking. Seller is fixed on the price they wanted. They probably could have asked a little more then everyone would have been happy. Similar in the street have sold for less and better presented ones more.

Last edited: 22nd Jun, 2022
    MTR likes this.
  13. Peter gavalas

Peter gavalas Well-Known Member

interested ?

14. K168

K168 Well-Known Member

It's in Churchlands. Not in hurry or urgency to sell. Priority is timing both markets.

15. Peter gavalas

Peter gavalas Well-Known Member

wow, that's a massive cost! the end product would need to be above 600k to be able to pass that on?
    I think we need to start see a lot more of this, otherwise developments won't be viable

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

It will be by next year when construction costs peal back 15% over 2024-2025 as construction starts drop 45% from the peak in 2021

17. Scaphella

Scaphella Well-Known Member

18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

MTR and Scaphella like this.
  19. Scaphella

Scaphella Well-Known Member

I have no doubt.

sash likes this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My 3 villas cost around $635,000 to build, quoted approx 18 months ago, no price increases to date.

Builder recently quoted and accepted 3 villa build for $800,000 and another builder $850,000
    Also these are not as high specification as my project

My villas will now sell in my location which is very good pocket for high 600s. Just sold a house over $1M on my street

Currently villas Selling on main road now for offers $650,000, same spec. Inferior location

Peter gavalas likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.