WA Perth Market 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mark, 1st Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Patron

El Patron Well-Known Member

I recently visited Madora Bay/Lakelands/San Remo/Meadow Springs -- All lovely areas.

If I didn't get my first option in Yanchep, my second was definitely in this area. More leaning towards Lakelands because of the train station being built there. But I doubt you could go wrong in any of those suburbs.

Jyh888 likes this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

If going Mandurah, always go for the beach side suburbs, west of Mandurah Road…. ie Madora Bay etc which also close to rail

https://reiwa.com.au/about-us/news/...lumes-in-the-2020-21-financial-year-revealed/

Redwing, Jyh888 and Rex like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Beach side, west of Mandurah Road are far more desirable suburbs due to proximity to beach. Far more potential for growth

Also look at old Halls Head, Silver Sands and old Madora Bay bigger blocks.

El Patron and Jyh888 like this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes……
    and Strategically not going back to 2007

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

As @MTR has said, always go for the west side of the main road in this area, the difference in future CG will be vast IMO. Also consider old parts of Singleton and Golden Bay - these properties will do very well over the long term considering big blocks, beachside location and direct access to the CBD via nearby Freeway and future Karnup Station.

MTR likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I really like Singleton, I built in the area and sold in last boom

This property is great, its quite close to the beach

https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-singleton-136898798

Jyh888 likes this.
  7. Mitchell.Ellis16

Mitchell.Ellis16 Well-Known Member

Just be careful of Meadow Springs and Lakelands starting to get quite a few pockets off socio-economic issues, particularly around the rear of the suburbs.

8. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

Interested to hear thoughts on Alkimos.
    Not going to buy there as we are quite fine where we already bought, but we did have a look at one point - given the new train coming and seems like a nice spot to live.

9. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

No nothing - which is not too surprising since they have been busy with the covid legislation and issues related to that. They're probably only recently back onto working on it.

Redwing likes this.
  10. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Alkimos is beautiful. And it is 42km from Perth.

JL1 and sanj like this.
  11. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's the part I can't quite understand. What happens if you get a brilliant job offer but it's south or south east of Perth? At what point does this supposed move to alkimos "for the family" result in the family never seeing you because you spend 15-20 hours a week just travelling to and from work on top of the actual work week etc.

Sure the move towards working from home will help but surely that's only to a percentage of the population

12. Pigey

Pigey Well-Known Member

perth2.JPG

Perth, slowing right down with 0.3% growth in the past month.

Empire likes this.
  13. Empire

Empire Well-Known Member

How is that possible considering Perth has had barely any new builds over the past few years.
    Strange.

Rooky likes this.
  14. DAZ79

DAZ79 Well-Known Member

The obvious explanation is that WA, like the rest of the country is an Island prison being held captive by zero covid zealots.

It’s looking increasingly likely that we will pass the two year mark locked into the country. Equally, no one knows what will happen if we don’t hit the 80% vaccination benchmark. WA is miles behind. The only thing that could conceivably get the numbers up that high any time soon is a massive Delta outbreak. I actually think a fair chunk of the WA population would be happy if the borders never opened again.

Anyway, it all weighs on demand. And if this goes on much longer plenty of people who have family who live overseas will simply pack up and leave.

SkyHigh, MTR and Pigey like this.
  15. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Ross Forrester likes this.
  16. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

I am also confused by this. Can more experienced members like @MTR @Westminster share their views please?

One of the reason i can think of is new stock which started in construnction phase last June has started to come in market but since it was mainly for PPOR type, people are moving to their new home. So their previous home which they were rwnting comes onto market now. So there is less competition in market and hence we are seeing more or similar number of sales cimpared to last 2-3 months but minimal price rise. Still areas like Kingsley, Willagee, mout hawthorn, yokine, inglewood, bayswater, morley etc are selling fast and most are achieving morw than asking price. I guess outer areas are dragging price down.

17. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Active Member

Agreed. I also know quite a few people in other parts of Australia (NSW in particular) who have no desire to ever visit WA again in the future or have anything to do with it. The anti-East Coast rhetoric from Chairman Mark McMaoan is creating an “us and them” vibe. Sure it wins votes, but it’s not in the best interests of the state long term.

If people aren’t willing to spend their holiday dollars in WA then they sure as hell aren’t going to buy property, no matter how good the fundamentals might be.

Citycat88, spoon and Pigey like this.
  18. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

Thats not what is happening on the ground. Many people from eastern states are buying in Perth either by online inspection or by using BA. Ask any BA in Perth and he will validate this.

19. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Active Member

So it could be even more without the us and them mentality!

20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I don’t think it is new stock/builds coming to market??just my opinion

It could be a case of more supply coming from sellers who did not offload in last cycle and now they can

who knows? We have never been in this scenario…. Covid. I was expecting every market to crash

I have never seen such low stock in areas I buy into or own.

For those buying …..My opinion is go to realestate.com and look at stock on areas you are interested in. If you see low stock, and multiple under offers dig deeper. Network with real estate agents and many, they can be key to working out a particular area. They are not all bad

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.