WA Perth Market 2017

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by HD_ACE, 4th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JL1

JL1 Well-Known Member

Just saw your ads up on realestate.com.au. the places look amazing, absolutely nailed the design and integration with concrete floor... too often people do it as a gimic and it just doesnt fit. Thanks for lifting the bar in my old hood ;)

2. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Trying to learn the locations.
    Hmm could you tell me why previously when you were looking you did not like it?
    Do you think the area is fragmented with some nicer and some not so nice parts?

For around 475-575k, would you recommend any other suburbs?

3. JL1

JL1 Well-Known Member

Fun stat: perth is currentlu beating sydney in corelogic auction clearance rates. 61% vs 60%. Interestinglu melbourne is only 65% too. I expect it to go up slightly tomorrow, but considering perth has spent most of the year around 40%, there is a definite lift

Ross Forrester and charttv like this.
  4. chesterfield

chesterfield Well-Known Member

Well over 20 interested parties through this property today, defintley lifted! More stock listed then 3 months and rentals down, which is a good sign to me. Reasons are some properties having trouble renting or receiving lower rents are being listed and others waiting for improvement in market (not in the form of price increases but stable conditions) are finally deciding to sell, meaning the quality of properties being listed are on the improve. If this keeps up it's going to be a good year next year when there is hardly any new supply coming on.

27 Brighton Street West Leederville WA 6007 - House for Sale #126989398 - realestate.com.au

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Well that's an awkward stat as auction clearance rates usually suck as we don't like auctions much - Perth people love Subject to A, B, C, D, E and maybe a F type sales. Some REAs have been using the technique more and doing quite well with it and getting good action at auction.

JL1 and Perthguy like this.
  6. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

That's exactly why I use buyer's agents!

Ross Forrester likes this.
  7. Rush1

Rush1 Member

Hi Guys, need a bit of advice, please. Where to buy an investment if my budget is $400 000? Can go up to $450 000 if needed. My PPOR is in Caversham. After doing a bit of research, the area like of canington,lynwood,beckenham and east cannington may suit my budget. What do you guys think about these suburbs ? Easy to rent out ? Or any other area I should be looking?

8. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    [​IMG]

Gross State Product 2016/2017

9. Anthony Brew

While trying to learn about a few suburbs in Perth, I came across a couple of business areas (sorry I don't know what to call them).

First one is in Bayswater. The other one is in O'conner (adjacent/west of Kardinya).
    They don't appear to be the usual shopping centre, super market, cafe style places, but more like auto shops, wholesale/supply stores, office supply stores, etc.

I noticed that for Bayswater, properties north of this area are pretty low priced but might just be due to proximity to Lockridge/Kiara(?) whereas south of this area prices are significantly higher but also might be just due to being closer to areas like Inglewood(?).

Just wondering how these types of locations affect property prices as opposed to the smaller more suburban style shopping centres & cafés?

10. Prash

Prash Member

11. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Seems super average or even below average. What interested you in them?

12. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

13. Prash

Prash Member

Asking Price as around $450k before going into Auction, so thought to check if any good.

14. Prash

Prash Member

Thanks, though it would be a bit factor.. :)

Perthguy likes this.
  15. Anthony Brew

Why are you going for a new property?
    Land appreciates (goes up) over time. Property depreciates (goes down) over time, the same as a car or a boat.
    The same way that a car or a boat goes down a lot in the first few years - so does a new property. This is why property investment books say that you are giving up years of profit after you buy a new or OTP property because the depreciation of the new house in the first few years offsets the appreciation of land.

16. Prash

Prash Member

Agreed.. We are first home buyers and were thinking of occupying the home for 5-10 years that's the only reason why we were considering a brand new property as well.

17. Anthony Brew

Ah ok fair enough.

18. Prash

Prash Member

I am no way experienced in this Real Estate market/area. Do think it changes things if we were to buy this for us to live in for next few years at least, what's the best way Brand new or older/near near properties? I know in terms of Investing it's bad as you mentioned above.

19. Anthony Brew

Everyone balances financial cost with quality of life. It's just up to your own circumstances and preferences. If you feel your quality of life in a new property is worth it, then there is nothing inherently wrong with that.

20. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

My feel is there is a other year of market malaise in Perth yet

mrdobalina, Perthguy and thatbum like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.