WA Perth is entering Boom cycle

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ald, 12th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Beachman

Beachman Well-Known Member

Secret password to get through the gates: 'Is Ald Mate there?' He's trolling you all.

Toon, charttv, bob shovel and 5 others like this.
  2. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

That's because it's Perth's best kept secret. It has been well described if you know where to find it. I think there's a petition with The City of Stirling to recognize this gem but the councilors all own land here, and want it kept hidden from RE search engines and suburb statistics.

3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Hey @Phase2, have you been to a PC meet up in Perth? @Jess Peletier could be organizing one this month.

steveo and Westminster like this.
  4. Perthguy

The Perth housing market looks to have entered the early stages of a long-term price downturn. Considerable evidence suggests Perth residential land prices were confidently bid up on the belief the mining investment boom would last well into the next decade. Strong population growth was forecast to continue in one of the few capital cities with a housing shortage.

In the Perth Smashed Avocado Toast Report , LF Economics examines the long-term trends in the Perth housing market and state economy. Of particular interest is the continuing shift in power between young and aspiring first home buyers and the losses confronting more recent property investors who are losing wealth and income by the day.

The Perth Smashed Avocado Toast Report Now Available (Free of Charge) - LF Economics - Lindsay David and Philip Soos

mrdobalina likes this.
  5. Perthguy

That report is interesting @MTR. Real and quality-adjusted housing prices peaked in 2007Q1. This confirms our view that the 2013-14 mini boom really did only affect certain areas.

6. JL1

JL1 Well-Known Member

Hey Perth locals, question about jobs sentiment right now.

I haven't been back since November last year which was just after employment bottomed out (September). Sentiment among friends wasn't great, they were feeling the effects of continued layoffs and what not which is never a nice way to enter the holiday period.

Now with 5 months of no jobs falls and the new year well under way, I'm wondering what on-the-ground sentiment is like now? Are redundancies still high on peoples' fear list?

7. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I am hearing a few more positive things.

Fear of rendundancy and reduction not so prevalent.

Jess Peletier and JL1 like this.
  8. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I agree with Ross.
    Even had a few friends start new FIFO jobs and seen quite a few adverts for contracting positions in companies that had hiring freezes.
    In the Oil and Gas sector budgets have been set for many companies as far as 2018 and in the teams I know they have been told no more reductions will be needed.

9. JL1

JL1 Well-Known Member

Fantastic, thanks guys. great to see a quick correlation between the data and sentiment.

10. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Resource sector (shares) is continuosly doing well lately. Things will improve slowly.

Ross Forrester likes this.
  11. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Check out BHPs jobs page... it's loaded. Redundancies are less likely now, but those out of work are still having a hard time finding a job.

Ross Forrester and JL1 like this.
  12. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

We hope. Iron Ore is still hovering above $92/t, no one knows why it's so high, or where it will go next. Lithium and Graphite are the new players in town but they're not going to have a major impact on the economy even if they boom.

Ross Forrester likes this.
  13. Perthguy

The $15k FHOG has been a boost. 2 of my friends are building first homes after sitting on the side lines for a long time.

Businesses closing down is a concern and there are a lot of for lease signs on commercial premises. Word on the street is that a lot of businesses are doing it tough because people aren't buying.

I have noticed with real estate though that properties are selling if they are priced right.

While we might be turning the corner but we are not there yet.

JL1 likes this.
  14. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

when market is booming everyone is over speculating and when market is bottom(ing) everyone is over bashing lol.

Good deal is a good deal is a good deal. Is Perth there? Maybe, maybe not.

RetireRich101 and Perthguy like this.
  15. Perthguy

There are deals around but not easy to find.

16. Blunkman

Blunkman Member

Hi all

I'm looking to invest in property for the first time and doing a bit of research and seeking advice from those who are in the game.

I'm based in Sydney and have been told that Perth is at the the bottom of the cycle and now is the time to jump on board.

Is this true, should I not worry about Sydney now and hold onto a Perth property? I am looking at long term and Perth looks interesting.

17. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

If you never bought property then you'll need help on the ground if you want to get something interstate. A buyers agent is not a bad option.

Perth is believed to be bottom(ing). If you find a good deal then buy otherwise don't. Good luck.

Perthguy likes this.
  18. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

It certainly would be easier to buy in Perth than Sydney but if all you know is Sydney then everything in Perth will seem good value :)
    You will still need to be strategic and buy well to be in with the best chance of future growth.
    For a long term buyer you are probably looking at the right place but there will be some pain holding it in the beginning whilst are vacancy rates are high - ie it probably won't pay for itself and will be cash flow negative.

Perthguy likes this.
  19. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

JL1 likes this.
  20. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia