WA Perth is entering Boom cycle

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ald, 12th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Correct.

Buying a Subiaco big block is an excellent way to make money but it's in the big boys game. It means adding value by development or huge renovation in order to get money back.

South Karrinyup is the best investment for the 30 something couple that want to have their kids grow up decent and still live in the ultimate location in Perth and enjoy the beaches and surf and shopping.

I would rather live in Karrinyup South then Subiaco, I used to live in Subiaco. I hated that the beach and boat ramp was so far. It's good to get to work though but only takes marginally more time if you know what you are doing, and trust me 90% of the people don't.

2. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I also see more upside in Karrinyup south. Subiaco is so expensive already it's harder to grow wealth there quickly.

That's why I love it when so many people disagree with Karrinyup south. It means it's off the radar, when it comes on people's radar it will be too late.

I want to bet $100 dollars against all the nay Sayers. 10 years time lets see if you did not make more money buying a block in Karrinyup south.

3. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

@Ald i thought u where playing in the big boys game?

4. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I was but got sick and tired of the dishonesty and useless quality from Aussie tradies. I had a good run with a German builder, quality, honesty. I don't do business with Aussies anymore, I am sick of getting screwed over, so now I do more social investing.

I am considering starting a house building company with a academic friend and have lots of Chinese investors that are willing, very wealthy individuals that demand a whole lot more then 99% of Aussie builders understand. These investors buy a property in prime locations and are frustrated because the houses are rubbish and the tradies are trouble. They want a turnkey projec. We take Steve Jobs view that the customer doesn't know what he wants. I can build the most high quality houses that will basically become instant heritage houses and that are high quality, energy efficient, functional and aesthetically pleasing with nothing rubbish in them and which will always appreciate more then any other house due to this combination and location. It will take time to find a builder and tradies who don't have the cheap and nasty mindset. We might have to bring them in from Europe and set them up here so that they understand we want longevity and loyalty and not to exploit. If I were to exploit somebody or cheat somebody or screw them over I would hate myself despicably. I can't do it, it's inner being revulsion for me and I hate the national culture of screwing your neighbour over that is prevalent here.

Basically 30 years of going to home opens, studying building methods and materials, understanding home design and practicality and having the biggest obsession of any human living being with designing homes that are maintenance free and practical and efficient, has left me wanting to just do it right and ignore the rest.

Colin Rice likes this.
  5. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Buying a block in Subiaco is an excellent way to keep your wife happy.

Money < happy wife

Tranquilo, Hwangers and Perthguy like this.
  6. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

I've never read anything like the stuff you come up
    With. Keep it up.

7. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

You have the biggest obsession of any human living, @Ald? I enjoy your enthusiasm.

Colin Rice likes this.
  8. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
  9. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Last edited: 19th Jan, 2017
  10. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Have just done two projects in Gosnells. NRAS approved 3 bed townhouses/villas. I think my clients will do very well out of these over the next decade or longer ... Have purchased two - one for myself and one in my SMSF...

Colin Rice likes this.
  11. Hwangers

Hwangers Well-Known Member

whereabouts?

12. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

Out of interest, which suburbs of Perth are ideal for subdividing or building and doing a Torrens title subdivision?

13. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

There are a lot. What is your budget and target end value?

Colin Rice likes this.
  14. Colin Rice

With the push to increase density and decrease the sprawl there are many areas that can be subdivided.

The 2 LGAs closest to me (Wanneroo and Joondalup LGAs) come to mind and there are maps on the council websites indicating which areas and lots are subdivisable.

If out of state then a Buyers agent would be a good idea. I work with a few.

15. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

I have always has an eye on Perth even when people were promoting Brisbane., just wasnt sure when the downturn is going to bottom and then turn around.

I am looking, preferably, to subdivide and sell rather than having to build, although building is an option.

Budget can range anywhere from 400k to 800k for land but I am looking for decent returns.

Any suggestions?

16. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

Good suggestion, the trouble with buyers agents is that they mainly want it on retained search on several months basis and of course I dont know them well enough to know they can generate the results I am after.

So the risk is entirely on my side in that my money is locked away, I cant pull the trigger on other opportunities and in the end the results may not get you there despite paying a fee.

Perthguy and Colin Rice like this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Anyone hear about this
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...a/news-story/62516931a529a6d3bf39db1bcbf837ca

Extract below

A BILLIONAIRE family from New Zealand is poised to sign a State Agreement with the WA Government that will pave the way for a $5 billion iron ore project in the Pilbara.

More than 3000 jobs would be created during construction and 9000 workers would be recruited during production if Todd Corporation, one of New Zealand’s biggest private companies, pressed the button on the Balla Balla project.

The project ultimately involves building a six million to 10 million-tonne-a-year iron ore mine near Whim Creek, between Port Hedland and Karratha. Before that, a 160km railway would link stranded iron ore deposits to a new port.

Industry observers believe development of the principal Balla Balla deposit, which comprises difficult-to-process magnetite ore, would require iron ore prices to continue outpacing forecasts of $US50 a tonne. Iron ore was trading at $US80.41 on Friday.

JL1 and Perthguy like this.
  18. Colin Rice

@MTR saw this on the news this morning. Perth property will skyrocket :p

Ross Forrester and MTR like this.
  19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I hope so:)

Colin Rice and Ross Forrester like this.
  20. Colin Rice

On a more serious note I did think that a company such as this one would not enter the industry without a lot of due diligence around future supply and demand since they will be sinking a lot of $$$ into this venture not to mention the established competition.