WA Perth is entering Boom cycle

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ald, 12th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

WHAT!!!!!!!!

London is the most resource rich place on the planet.
    It basically owns Australian, African, Indian, South American mines and much mining in America. London is so invested in the United States it's not even funny.

Invest your money in Britain post exit, it's going to thrive without the euro zone like a lead dinosaur chained to its Achilles heel.

Singapore owns massive farms and mines in Australia, harbours, taxis in Melbourne

Go check out who owns Rio Tinto, BHP and Anglo American

2. Citycat88

Citycat88 Well-Known Member

That's because they don't have a suburb like Karrinyup South.

hathro, JDP1 and Perthguy like this.
  3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

thats right...karrinyup south - boom inevitable. :p:D

4. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

How about we have some ha ha ha in 2 years time when we see the growth in equity. Until then have a beer, watch some footy, switch on the tv and lul yourself into the Australian trance

5. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

according to your post #78 in another thread, Sydney properties increased 100% in the last 2 years..... will we see similar gain for Perth in the next 2 years?

6. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Interesting...

aussieB, DoubleD and RetireRich101 like this.
  7. DhuCat

DhuCat Member

As I am probably one of the only forumites to of actually lived on Gamble Way in "South" Karrinyup I feel that I can speak with some authority on the subject. You're not strolling to the beach for a swim and you are definitely not walking to any restaurants for a meal from there. Yes the shopping centre is handy and getting on to the freeway is reasonably easy but If someone is wanting to pay $1.5m to live on that road then good luck to them, oh and if you're door knocking with $1.2m then be prepared to have your arm ripped from it's socket.

JenW, Toon, thatbum and 3 others like this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

More important question here:)
    Just read your avatar, so funny, love it.... how did you come up with that one

9. DhuCat

DhuCat Member

From the queen of avatar's too...

I stole it from somewhere on the interwebs.

MTR and Perthguy like this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think that has to be the best avatar on PC...

11. DoubleD

DoubleD Well-Known Member

Perthguy likes this.
  12. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Citycat88 and MTR like this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My pick would have been Subi, as mentioned before blue chip has been hammered.

Problem is you may need deep pockets to hold as rents have also been hammered.

I think what @Jess Peletier is doing is smart, she is upgrading her Primary residence and buying beachfront in Madora Bay, these properties have gone from $1M+ and you can buy now at between 600-700K, extraordinary. I am not surprised there is a demand for this product, this is bargain buying

Go Jess

MTR:)

JenW, Westminster, Hwangers and 3 others like this.
  14. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Really then i know you! What number did you live in and when?

I used to jog with my mates from Mcklintock to the beach in 5 mins board in hand. I used to live in Mcklintock. I also used to live on Gamble way.

I timed myself, with baby stroller walking from my front door to beach sand via the underpass in 18 minutes.

Not sure why you were not strolling to the beach for a swim, we would walk down all the time fishing rod in hand and tackle bucket for full moon fishing. Heck join the yoga session in the mornings on Trigg beach with the neighbours. We would drive down in 4 minutes if we were lazy or in a rush.

I agree with the restaurants perhaps for lazy slobs but not with the walking to restaurants if your choices are modest my wife and I would regularly walk to trigg for fish and chips or a coffee at that coffee shop yello?
    We would walk and get ice creams and kebabs from Scarborough, beach you don't know the shortcuts? Italian restaurant on Scarborough beach road.

And you know what that's just going to improve with Scarborough upgrade.

15. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

You will battle to have any of the owners take 1.2 million. Nobody wants to leave that location. It's the only place in Perth where you don't hear a road. At night you hear waves crashing.

This summer like last year on Gamble way the neighbours had their own street films, a projector and big screen was rigged up and people were dancing together, even old couples waltzed away on the street. It was great!

16. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha , go buy in their recommended Suburbs then.
    To buy a big block in Subiaco of over 700sqm, you will pay mr bigs. Those prices never dropped. The only thing that dropped in Subiaco are the apartments and villas on minimal land value.

17. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Pfft. As if I have ever followed "experts" advice on where to buy. I run my own game. Thanks for the advice though. Will definitely steer clear of Subi ;)

18. boeman

boeman Well-Known Member

This an amusing sentiment in itself. Everyone knows Perth doesn't produce surf.

19. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

This is the first commentator calling total despair and panic
    We are looking for a big Subi block.

The good ones go in about 4 days.

20. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

That is very true, but it's the best of what there is and it's at Trigg/ north Scarborough.

On the other hand if you have a boat, and use it to go to Rottnest Island and Little island and or Alkimos. You will have the best surf.
    You need a boat.

Xiao Hui likes this.