WA Perth is entering Boom cycle

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ald, 12th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I think MTR was suggesting that the markets don't really affect each other in that way - and I probably would tend to agree with that as well.

MTR likes this.
  2. Toon

Toon Well-Known Member

bob shovel likes this.
  3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Sweet, I'll have a read. I thought you may have penned it.
    Are they crying poor or whinging because they have to deal with the rest of the country :p
    WA is the only state that makes noise about it, never heard nsw or qld banging on about how it's divied up

4. Toon

Toon Well-Known Member

The article is from 2015, but I think the overall points are still relevant now.
    I think everyone might do a bit of whinging when they are the ones doing the subsidising, but are strangely quiet when it's the other way around :p

DoubleD, Perthguy and bob shovel like this.
  5. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Perth forecast for next three years.

Too many houses in the danger zone beyond 20km from CBD these will drop in price and or remain empty no capital growth for years.

Too many appartments that will stay empty and unsold but prices will not drop significantly and not rise at all.

Inner circle within 20km of cbd will experience moderate growth at about 4% a year.

Inner suburbs within 20km of cbd but within 5km of beach will experience upto 10% growth the more as you are close to the cbd.
    Mount Lawley, will always do better.

Suburbs that will boom are houses on big blocks 700sqm in Wembley downs, Scarborough, Karrinyup, Trigg, Carine, Duncraig, Hillary , mullallo and kallaroo.
    These will play catch up to Sydney over the next two years.

Suburbs that will go bonkers are especially Karrinyup South, Trigg, Carine, Wembley Downs, these are incredibly underpriced for the facilities, accessibility and beach and shopping options. These suburbs will be the new floreats and swanbournes and claremonts and Dalkeith, they will join their ranks. Buying in these suburbs now is just the biggest opportunity for making big money in Australia that I can see now. Nothing in Perth, nothing in Australia that I can see beats Karrinyup south for investment potential if you consider all factors as I have mentioned before.

What everybody must try and understand is the following. Forget about the WA state government, they are the 2 decade lasting biggest bunch of losers this country has ever seen and their soon 40 billion debt is all the proof you need. Ignore them they are blackholes of ignorance and stupidity. They just suck in more stupidity and ignorance and thrive on it. Any idiot could solve their debt problem in 2 years but they lack imagination. Eventually somebody smart will arrive on the scene and sort that out quickly.

What is most important to understand is this:

The mining companies are making more money now then they have ever been. They are such profitable companies moving forward over the next three years watch their share prices,...and they have expansion plans. There are long term contracts in place. Their profits are invested in diverse ways. Britain post Brexit is absolutely thriving. The money the lords of Britain are making now and will invest around the world is going to be massive over the next years. Western Australia will be developed. Perth is going to become connected to the eastern states and northern states as soon as they get rid of the stupid low speed limits and start building decent freeways as they will be forced to do in the next decade. Infrastructure expansion and spending will be huge in the next decade, hyper loops will be built.

The cars that we will be driving in 5 years time are going to astound you, speed limits will seem stupid in the AI self driving age. Solar energy and batteries for storage of that energy are on the cusp of a development exponential growth phase driven by AI and computing. West Australia will be the epicentre of free electricity soon, what you can do with that is limitless. We have an energy shortage in this world soon to be resolved and WA with its cloudless days of sunshine and vast space will be the biggest winner on the planet. Hydroponic farms to the horizon, massive wild fisheries, computer farms and high tech start ups. This is what Perth has coming. Nobody will be building the typical rubbish houses that are built in Australia. Housing is about to change.

UWA and schools in WA are going to change from necessity. UWA is purging staff as we speak and transforming itself massively. The proximity to Asia and Singapore is very influential in Perth. Perth will shortly have the best school system in Australia, none of this 9-3 pm garbage and sub third world teaching capability in first world facilities. It has to change to attract wealthy Asians. Rather it will be a 8-5 pm school system adapted to modern life of working parents and development of a human being to first world civilised standards and in a first world educational system by highly qualified to masters degree level teachers with included extra curricular development every day with sports. State schools will be funded and private schools will close, one can't achieve what has to be done with current school funding models. They are idiotic anyway. Perth will be developed in a big way. The next ten years Perth will see more change then Australia has seen in 30 years.

It will be unrecognisable and it will be driven by external colonisers.

DoubleD likes this.
  6. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Yeah, nahhh.

hathro likes this.
  7. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Had a good chuckle reading this...
    Our friend Putin says it best

Hwangers and Toon like this.
  8. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

It was well crafted and entertaining :)

9. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Are you taking the ****?

School from 8 - 5?
    The epicentre of free electricity - perth is probably the most isolated city in the world!

Toon and DoubleD like this.
  10. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

So last night, I was feeling pretty low. I gave myself a couple of lines of speed and started feeling a bit better. A mate of mine came over with a little baggie of coke...so up my nose it goes.
    It was great. But then I wanted to chill for a bit so sparked up a nice big spliff. As that was kicking in, I opened a bottle of wine. There I was high, stoned and half drunk. I thought I would log into PC to see what the latest was.

The post #365 above made perfect sense!

Blacky

bob shovel, sanj, Citycat88 and 4 others like this.
  11. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

@Blacky I don't even know what most of that means and it still made more sense than #365 ;)

12. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Summary: Adl has a house close to Perth CBD and Newcastle :)

bob shovel, WattleIdo, samiam and 3 others like this.
  13. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Waiter......I'll have whatever Table #370 is having..

Westminster likes this.
  14. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

More cloudless days of sunshine then anywhere else. Think solar energy farms

15. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

School from 8 - 2 pm and then sports until 5pm with teachers looking after the sports and extra mural activities , just like it is in more advanced countries in the world

16. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I think this is called "after school care".

It is offered at every school (typically through an external provider).

17. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Just send us a link to your property in Karrinyup South. All us Perth investors will pitch in to buy your "amazingly super" property and you can finally relax.

18. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Has anyone done any DD into Balcatta?

Close to CBD, close to mitchell fwy, median of 542,500, large blocks, not far from coast, and of course very close to Karrinyup South.
    reiwa.com - Suburb profile for Balcatta

Perthguy likes this.
  19. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

20. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I did some just before Christmas as an interesting site came on the market 96 Hutton Street Osborne Park WA 6017 - House for Sale #124397462 - realestate.com.au and I was using some places in Balcatta as comparables.
    It was a pretty high risk site due to being on main road and triangle shape. The REA was saying due to shape that it could only be a duplex but I knew I could get 3 on it.
    The sums stacked up at up to $400k but it ended up going under contract for more than $430k. Not sure who bought it - might be a builder that could reduce construction costs or simply someone that was happy to make less money or not as conservative as I was in my figures.