WA Perth - Dummies Guide

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by See Change, 22nd Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

IMG_20220623_055455.jpg

38215 likes this.
  2. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Shogun and MTR like this.
  3. Squirrell

Squirrell Well-Known Member

How much for a quarter pack then? Do kangaroos taste like chicken?

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Croc does?

If dem salt water crocs don't eat ya first.:p:D

Squirrell likes this.
  5. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I'm the last person to be shy of "rougher" areas but something anyone wanting to buy this lot needs to at least be aware of/consider is that the north east boundary of this lot appears to be pretty close to the south west boundary of cullacabardee.

Now, being the sort of young man i was many moons ago, ive been in and around many situations and/or people in the past that others would consider "hairy" or dangerous and cullacabardee certainly ranks among the memorable.

Granted it was around 20 years ago so could be entirely different today but I was a bit more weary and felt less at ease that visit to cullacabardee than I was hanging out at 3am with local hoodlums in Sarajevo, in a literal abandoned highrise in Belgrade that has turned into an unofficial almost self governed party, arts and lost souls precinct community or at a literal NYC projects after party to a rocksteady hip hop show where it was obvious a lot of people were not following new York's famously strict gun laws

Anyone else here been thru cullacabardee lately or know if there has been significant change?

BuyersAgent likes this.
  6. 38215

38215 Well-Known Member

This. It is almost as if the government had a slightly different take on bushfire danger than OP.

Also be aware when Perth's third runway opens, some of these areas will be right beneath the noise red zone and noise does strange things in granite hills.

7. 38215

38215 Well-Known Member

8. 38215

38215 Well-Known Member

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

BTW, I believe that guy front page on newspaper, back in jail, took 2 days

10. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Interesting! I’ve never heard of that before. Cullacabardee, Western Australia - Wikipedia
    I noticed a religious drug rehab organisation was tagged on the FB advert for the property.

11. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Twenty years ago there was stolen cars in there. The Police wouldn't go and get them.
    The place is/was hidden Perth secret.
    Another great place was at the end of Morley Drive East (near the river)
    but that one is closed now.

12. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

You @sanj just made my day. Love this :D

13. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Yes and they latter got moved on to Ellenbrook /Henley Brook

14. HBK

HBK Well-Known Member

Whys that , is there alot of methheads in mandurah
    Do you rate rockingham over mandurh?

15. 38215

38215 Well-Known Member

Meth is a problem in many areas. Part of its popularity is that it leaves your system quickly - ready for the next FIFO swing / random employer drug test.

Some reasonably upmarket suburbs have lots of meth too. Having said that, unless someone develops psychosis and starts ripping out downlights, it shouldn't matter too much from a landlord perspective.

16. HBK

HBK Well-Known Member

Are you saying before this "boom " houses in rockingham were sitting vacent for weeks ?

17. HBK

HBK Well-Known Member

Hey guys which areas would you recommend within perth for 350-400k budget ?
    Somwhere near the cbd or rockingham or mandurah ?

18. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Still feel Rocko's weird. Lower demographics meets one of the best beaches in Perth (even world when looking at within a metro city). Housing standard is quiet good as its a relatively new suburb (I believe 80s/90s). Still sort after as again close to the beach.

On another point 350-400k is probably going to be hard now (even in the worse part of Rockingham)

Mandurah - affordable within budget. Pick older part of suburb which has high density zoning but older housing hence lower rent or Greenfield's which has newer housing/non dev potential and hence higher yield. Could also look at southern Mandurah (Falcon etc) beach shacks. I believe yield would be low but maybe a better(simpler) demographics.

Cant really see those high density zoning lots in Mandurah getting to a price point where it would be worth developing anytime in the future

Outside of this probably limited to Armadale, Gosnell, Midland, Kwinana, Yanchep regions. Again most of this would be older housing stock hence usually lower yield (but still quiet high).

Would also find rents havent upped as much as Rockingham in recent times. So once supply issue settles might not drop as much (if it does)

Cant really recommend any of the above but its pretty much all thats affordable within the budget

Note this is for full sized lots. Small lot/villas/apartments will have a larger market

Nando Lee and 38215 like this.
  19. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like WA

20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Rents going nuts in Rockingham, not enough stock. 70% OO

Refer to Rockingham post and what is happening in the Rockingham/kwinana industrial hub. Major projects brings change, jobs and gentrification

$350-400k was possible 6 months ago, good luck finding a decent 3 bedder, and not beachside for this price.
    Beach side$500k+ for decent home

My pick is Rockingham over the other suburbs mentioned …..why? Water….. abd Its going nuts, demand is high, and no signs of slowing.

suburbs to look at in no particular order and different entry points. Look at medians
    Go to reiwa

growth for Cooloongup in 2021 was 21%
    Lowest median in Rockingham

Waikiki
    Safety Bay
    Warnbro
    Cooloongup
    Shoalwater

I know many poo poo Rockingham, but investor hat is required if u want to make money in this game. Take emotion out of this game
    I am up $100k in 6 months and 6% yield

Justin_Z and HBK like this.