Perth - Dilapidation Report recommendations

Discussion in 'Development' started by Skuttles, 7th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Skuttles

Skuttles Well-Known Member

Hi Perthites,
    Council has stipulated that I need to provide dilapidation reports on both neighbouring properties, the front footpath/verge and rear laneway as a condition of obtaining the building permit for my project.
    Any locals have any recommendations of those they've previously used?
    Cheers.

2. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

won't your builder do it?

3. Skuttles

Do they usually? It's the first construction management plan I've had to be involved with.

Builder has said any items needed in the construction plan are not part of the contract, even though they are reqd to obtain the building permit, the cost and effort falls to me. Other items are temp fencing for the verge tree and notifying neighbours as well.

Am trying to play nice with the builder but so far they seem to be doing the barest of minimum and taking their time doing it. Doesn't bode well as we aren't even to site yet!

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

5. Skuttles

Cheers WM, got a quote from them yesterday, $880 for both properties plus surrounding area. Not a full structural report though, just looking at cracking in brickwork and plaster areas.
    Someone also mentioned trying Structerre, might be a more technical/detailed report? Will call them Monday for a chat.

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Check with the council how indepth it needs to be and they will probably share with you who has done complying reports for them before.