WA Perth Development Sites

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by BLAIR_, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

I think you will only get away with a corner block = frontage >=25m or if the lot fronts public open space.

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I agree, it does seem like a huge amount of work for something that isn't going to generate any infill. If you only want duplexes etc then say R30 instead of adding a local town planning layer on top of R40.

@Big Daddy I need to check the quote to be sure.

3. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

any frontage to a reserve is considered "frontage" under the policy.

plenty of larger lots with a 24m frontage but at 3000sqm.

4. Westminster

@Big Daddy just checked the quote and it's raking to 500mm. I'll have to have a think if I want it increased to 1000mm

5. Big Daddy

Thanks . Some builders want 700 others want 1000.

Westminster likes this.
  6. 2086

2086 Active Member

Hey guys, I'm seriously devastated with that draft Bid Daddy. I purchased 46 Salix Way, an old 3x1x1 on 700sqm with r20/r40 for $430k in May this year and the market has already come back to what looks like me paying ~$30k over.
    This was my first property purchase and that sort of money is huge for me. I would have been happy to be able to take some sort of profit out of even just subdividing the back block in like ~2017 and selling it but this plan doesn't allow anything... What are you planning to do with your property Big Daddy? When I bought in Forrestfield it was very hot and everything was pointing to a good buy also I think that a lot of the buyers were purchasing due to development potential so what are your guy's thoughts to amendments to the draft? it just seems pointless at the moment.

7. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

i bought a block in High Wycombe nearly two years ago hoping it would my first development, always bearing in mind that there's a higher level of risk involved.
    There's no guarantee it will be approved by the WAPC, and I certainly intend to lodge an objection to the amendment during the 60 day public comment period.
    If it's any consolation I lost a helluva lot more money than that in my first solo venture into property investing, and I'm still going.

Paterson00 likes this.
  8. 2086

2086 Active Member

How can I lodge an objection?

9. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

The proposed amendment now goes to the EPA for comment before commencing a 60 day public comment period. I think they have to advertise it but I'm not certain. My BA will be keeping me informed but you can ring Kalamunda shire for the info.

10. Westminster

My second demolition quotes have come in from Mini Diggers who I have used before (and found their work to be top notch) and do rake to 1000mm.

Property 1 $16500 +gst , Property 2 $15500 +gst

11. Westminster

That's really gut wrenching but unfortunately is the risk of buying into a proposed rezoning area. I've always steered clear of it but did take a punt last year on a R30 block that was in a proposed RC60 area. The last minute changes to the boundary of the RC60 had me on tenterhooks for weeks. Now I'm waiting for WAPC to ratify/gazette the change and hope like crazy it actually happens.

12. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

Plan B for me is a granny flat but I hope it won't come to that. The changes seem ridiculous when you have a train station being built nearby with associated infrastructure which should be encouraging increased density in that area.

13. Big Daddy

You learn lessons the hard way and it makes you a better investor. Im almost certain i outbid myself on a 499k lot up to 541k. Its annoying but i wont happen again. Dont give up.

Paterson00 likes this.
  14. Big Daddy

Im planing on going to the council meeting when this draft policy is discussed and giving them a good spray.

15. Big Daddy

Thanks Myf, those are good prices. People were telling me demo prices would double due to the 60% increase in land levy.

16. Westminster

I know so I was pleasantly surprised but as I said these are old small houses and so there are less bricks and things which will fill up landfill. I do have the potential for asbestos etc on the other hand to help keep prices high.:rolleyes:

17. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

Like anything, supply & demand, chances are they are not completely booked up and will chasing work for machinery they've bought when times were good.
    The fact that people are actually doing quotes is a sure sign :p

Westminster likes this.
  18. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Sounds like those people need a lesson in maths. How can a 60% increase in a portion of overall cost equate to a doubling in prices overall?

Xenia and Westminster like this.
  19. 2086

2086 Active Member

Hi Guys, I may have over-exaggerated on our how doom and gloom it looks for the re-zoning for Shire of Kalamunda on the back of those drafts but it is the main reason that all investors over the last couple of years have bought there, coupled with Rail link etc. Me exactly, I planned to most likely subdivide and sell.

It doesn't make sense one bit regarding the minimum 1000sqm, I have had a look at the rezoning map for Forrestfield and as far as I can see 95%+ of properties surrounding the shopping centre which were marked for r20/r40 are under 1000sqm not to mention the ones that were proposed r25/r60. The Majority of 1000sqm blocks in Forrestfield which there arent many of are south of Hale Road.
    It really makes no sense at all considering all the money that has and will be spent in the surrounding area. The Shire are basically saying we don't to improve or develop at all. What can we do about it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: 18th Nov, 2015
  20. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Is there anything you can do about it that could change the policy?