WA Perth Development Sites

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by BLAIR_, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Where is this?

2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

3. Big Daddy

4. stockt12

stockt12 Member

I've had a few friends buy and sell to make some quick gains in high Wycombe .(last 24 months )..
    But with the anticipated downturn in the Perth market and the reputation of that area can someone please provide a few reasons to look more thoroughly into that are please ?

5. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

There's a 18-24 month lag if you're going to develop, from acquisition to finished product. I believe the next 6 months will be good for buying and developing, as trades are dropping their prices and more available.

stockt12 likes this.
  6. stockt12

stockt12 Member

Agreed with the above. Thanks for the reply

But.. The downturn will be in full effect by that stage.
    Which in turns affects lending principals , valuations of the finished product etc.
    Has anyone just begun a projector in that area? Anticipated costs/ return % ?

7. 2086

2086 Active Member

Tano on the Somersoft forums is doing a project in High Wycombe. R25, currently 2 houses on 1 title. I believe he is almost finished.

stockt12 likes this.
  8. stockt12

stockt12 Member

I went through a lot of threads...
    Couldn't find the high Wycombe one

Lot of wonderful reading though

9. Big Daddy

Its done and rented for $500/week which is crazy. Waiting 12-18months for the new rezoning so i can knock down the front house (1970;s) and build two new single storey 3x2s. Still looking in the area as bargains do come up. They are largish 800-900sqm blocks and many will be rezoned R25/40. No clay found on my site but some lots do have it.

10. Big Daddy

Updates for the Shire of Kalumunda DRAFT dual density policy

5.24 Dual Density Coded Areas
    5.24.1 In considering development applications for development of land within the dual coded areas depicted on the Scheme Map, the lower density shall apply to any residential development, however development at the higher code may be supported at the discretion of the Shire subject to complying with all of the following requirements:
    (a) The minimum area of the total development site being not less than 1000 square metres;
    (b) Any existing building(s) being demolished;
    (c) A stormwater drainage plan being submitted at the development application stage demonstrating that stormwater can be contained on-site;
    (d) Where the higher density code is R40 or greater, a minimum of 50% of the number of dwellings must be two (2) storeys or greater where permitted under the Residential Design Codes;
    (e) Dwelling(s) shall be designed and oriented to address the public street, right of way, communal driveway and public open space;
    (f) Landscaping being provided to enhance the development and the streetscape with the following elements:
    (i) The retention of any vegetation, which in the opinion of the Shire is worthy of retention;
    (ii) A minimum area of 50% landscaping of the front setback area of the development site; and (iii) The provision of a street tree(s) on the verge where there is no existing street tree which in the opinion of the Shire is worthy of retention;
    (g) Where available, vehicle access shall be from a secondary street, right of way or communal access way, and the number of crossovers for any development shall be minimised;
    (h) Garages, carports and parking bays shall be integrated into the development, and where possible located behind the dwelling(s); and
    (i) The development shall be designed using urban design; and sustainability principles, in accordance with any relevant Local Planning Policy and Design Guidelines for dual coded areas.

5.24.2 In considering subdivision applications for land within the dual coded areas depicted on the Scheme Map the Shire will only support subdivision at the higher density code where development has been constructed to plate height in accordance with a development approval.” 5.24.3 In considering development applications for Aged or Dependent Persons’ dwellings or Single Bedroom Dwellings within the dual coded areas depicted on the Scheme Map, the additional density bonus under the Residential Design Codes shall not be permitted at the higher density code.”

11. Big Daddy

I think its a **** policy. 2 storey in high wycombe is overcapitalising. Why limit to >1000sqm when most blocks are 700-900sqm. There still going to be left with old housing stock as no one will develop.

12. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Exactly what I expected to happen. A big long list of provisions and a lot of lots won't comply or won't be viable.

13. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Interesting. Notes in red. @HD_ACE, it will knock out a lot of lots.

14. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Yeap agree and agree with @Big Daddy . Rubbish.
    Being a Draft maybe it will change a bit.

15. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Will it have to go through WAPC or is it a local planning policy? There are some provisions that are the same as the City of Belmont scheme, so I imagine those would be supported? Seems like some problems with some of the other provisions though.

Xenia likes this.
  16. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

I have a block in High Wycombe, so not impressed with the proposals, why did they even bother if the minimum for developing is going to be 1,000 sqm? There will be opportunity to object so hopefully a lot of landowners will get on board.

17. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Not sure where I should post this 'news' but I got 2 demolition quotes this week and they were pleasantly ok at around $15k each from Brajkovich Demolition & Salvage

Now I should point out these are quite small houses; one is only a little 2 bedroom early 1900s worker cottage and the other is larger but probably has wooden floorboards which are salvageable and so there is less items going to landfill (and they can sell)

So if you need any demo quotes consider adding them to your list of quotes.

zac101 and Perthguy like this.
  18. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

And the reason I'm getting demolition quotes is that City of Vincent has changed their policy on you having to have a DA before you can demolish. I can now demolish 2 derelict houses that are causing issues with squatters.

Skuttles likes this.
  19. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

Swan's UHS for dual coded lots is similar - min 25m frontage OR 1300sqm to take advantage of higher coding.

20. Big Daddy

Whats the point with these new TPS's? Seems like a big waste of government money. Nothing really achieved except urban sprawl.

@Westminster, does the 15k demo include site raking to a depth of 1m?