WA Perth Development Sites

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by BLAIR_, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Yes indeed ^^^^. Perth has been a "car owners" city but this will change as congestion increase.

Just bought a 3 x 1 in Success (Perth Southern Suburb) direct from a developer. 7minutes to checkout at Cockburn Central and 12 min stroll to the train station. Dockers HQ being rolled out soon and with a name like Success how can you go wrong :)

Its a retain and build at rear and will be cash flow positive once completed.

Went to a home open in Hamilton Hill a few weeks back for a knock over and build 4. We where there for 1.5 hours and no other people showed up. Property still on the market and feaso stacks up so may snaffle that as well.

I think the Warren Buffet mantra applies to the Perth market - "be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful"

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I don't have a thread (OMG!) on this project so I thought I'd let you know that my Angove St, North Perth project went to Design Advisory Council 2 weeks ago and minutes came out this week with very positive review
    There are a few minor tweaks to landscaping and some privacy screens that they desire but essentially they are happy with the concept and design. It's aesthetics which are being improved.
    This is the current elevations pre tweaking Dropbox - 1608_DA_Letter_Virtual Model Imagery.pdf
    Now all we need is the Town Planning Scheme 2 to be gazetted by WAPC and it can be lodged for DA. Taking sooooo long!
    I should stop doing threads - the ones I don't do a thread on go easier :p

ottg, Propin, soggy and 6 others like this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

For sure. I just settled on a retain (reno) and build in Cloverdale in June. That property was one of the better deals I have been in the area since 2011.

Colin Rice likes this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Angove pocket is pretty awesome I think, little trendy area, has certainly changed for the better over the last 10 years. I recommend Cake Shop Perth, Wedding & Birthday Cakes WA, Italian Biscuits & Pastries, Cafe North Perth, Fremantle - Fiorentina Patisserie for coffee and a nice slice of Italian delight, that will have ot be on a diet free day:p

5. Westminster

Fiorentina is dangerous but lovely! They even have things like salted caramel custard filled donuts which are not Italian but OMG

MTR likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yummy
    We buy our birthday cakes here, they do a great torte. They relocated from Fitzgerald Street some years ago now.

7. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

fiorentina are good but waaaaaaaay too expensive, especially when you consider that while they use good ingredients youre not talking crazy expensive or labourious.

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

this could get dangerous, so where do you suggest for those out of the world cakes

9. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

That's what I've been telling myself... though i'm not sure I've 100% convinced myself.

Colin Rice likes this.
  10. theperthurbanist

Offers invited to purchase R80 development sites at Landcorp’s Parkside Walk development in Jolimont.

• Three lots available, sized 1,787sqm to 2,423sqm
    • Option to purchase lots individually or in one line
    • Zoned R80
    Parkside Walk Jolimont
    Can’t imagine they’re cheap...

Skuttles and Perthguy like this.
  11. Westminster

Drool :)

12. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

I hear ya. Maybe WA (wait awhile)

theperthurbanist likes this.
  13. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

14. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Can't hurt trying a low ball offer?!!!
    Lol

Westminster likes this.
  15. Westminster

Sold Price for 16 Isabella Manning WA 6152

This was an interesting one, sold for $880k buying off Housing Authority.

Pros
    - R20 931sqm
    - regular shaped side by side duplexable (8cm short technically but there is precedence to get it approved via WAPC)
    - next to a park
    - $820 per sqm :D:D:D
    - last number in the street so likely to be able to get a real number, not an A/B scenario
    - good part of Manning (almost Salter Point)

Cons
    - Not for the feint hearted as it's had a good trashing by ex Houso tenant so would need Contract of Sale/No Val/LVR80 and below
    - no holding income
    - is Manning not Salter Point

thydzik and Skuttles like this.
  16. theperthurbanist

Hmm, I wonder if the Council (DA/built strata) or WAPC (if survey strata/greentitle subdividing) would give you any concessions for fronting onto the park. As in do a front/rear duplex with the second dwelling fronting onto the park.

17. Perthguy

If there was, they would most likely be in DC 2.2 or DC 1.3. I don't see anything relating to this in either of those policies.

http://www.planning.wa.gov.au/dop_p...y_2_2-Residential_Subdivision_August_2013.pdf

http://www.planning.wa.gov.au/dop_pub_pdf/dc_policy_1.3.pdf

DC 2.2 specifically references the R-Codes for minimum frontage, so there could be some relevant provision there.

http://www.planning.wa.gov.au/dop_p...Policy_3_1-Residential_Design_Codes_Print.pdf

I think you would just have to make the argument. I can't anything specifically in the policies that would support a variation.

18. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

It would be backing onto the park wouldnt it? Doubt theyd consider it street frontage to qualify for the 5% variation but i dont have specific knowlege and could be wrong

19. Perthguy

As far as I know, that's correct. The difference is in this case, no lot size variation is required (lots would meet average). The variation @Westminster was referring to was for minimum frontage, which is 4cm per lot for side by side lots.

20. Westminster

WAPC have said (without any promises of course) that due to the park, the precedence, it not being a major street that it's likely it will be approved with the 4cm shortfall for each lot. They have said that although local council are likely to recommend refusal during the standard consultation that they have the power to override them.

I should disclose, I am part owner of this block so I think it's awesome :p

It's a 50:50 Tenants in Common set up with us both getting an equal sized block at the end of the WAPC project. We have a fallback plan if side by side doesn't get approved.

I thought I'd share as by far it's one of my simplest deals but is such a good area with end values in the 850-950k for single storey and 1.2ish for double storey. Going halves somewhat reduces my risk. My plan is to build 2 storey on my half and keep for awhile until market is recovering/on the up.

There has been a couple of astounding 1 storey EVs though like this which will make me think hard about going 2 storey this Sold Price for 9B Crawshaw Crescent Manning WA 6152