Perth-city of swan, Dayton and surrounding areas

Discussion in 'Development' started by Barny, 5th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

hi peeps, apart from basic Google , can Perth people give me a better understanding of the area please. I'm not from Perth and only starting to research development potential,

Took a drive out this way yesterday to see for myself, new estate houses, some seem tiny and interesting how they have a street to the back of the house were their garages are.

Interesting to hear and learn from others that know the area.

Cheers.

@Perthguy, your back yard?

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Hey @Barny how long are you here for?

Rear loaded (laneway) lots are quite popular here and does hark back to the early days of laneways at the back. They allow for greater use of the site and a frontage that isn't dominated by a garage.

Dayton and surrounds are a very fast growing area but don't have a lot of amenities yet and quite poor public transport links to city. Roads are slowly being upgraded in the area but one of the main links, Reid Highway, is still single lane and needs to be double around there - one day!

Watch out for the massive overhead power lines, proposed Perth to Darwin highway (which keeps moving it's proposed location) and bushfire zones.

Jess Peletier likes this.
  3. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Thanks Westminster for the quick reply. You bring up excellent points.
    Yes reminded me of the old laneways but looks much better and heaps wider.

The overhead power lines was I big concern which stood out, noticed properties were built pretty close to it and selling at 400-450k range for the larger homes. Was adviced none can be build under.

Drive around and no shops close by, looks like some commercial/food outlets are required, but lots of families walking around and heaps of new development going up.

If figures stack up, how to you perceive the areas potential overall?

Leaving back to Melbourne shortly. Be back again though, cheers