Perth bus trips

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Robbo03, 31st Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Robbo03

Robbo03 Well-Known Member

Hi PCers,

Just got the below email from a 'property investment company' about the Perth market and their view for the near future. It screams to me that they have a development partner that they wish to take kick backs from but wondering what the PC community think. Interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Email below:

'17 billion? Yes indeed…

Government at multiple levels has committed over seventeen billion dollars for projects and infrastructure centralised around the busy Perth CBD. These developments will include a new state-of-the-art hospital, huge sports stadium and the Elizabeth Quay redevelopment.

Perth is set to outperform all other capital cities from a property investment perspective.

Sound crazy? Don’t believe me? Take 4 minutes and 42 seconds out of your day to watch this ().

On 16 April, you can come along with me, (Company) Founder (name), and our premier development partner, (xxxx) Property Group, and see for yourself.

Join me for one of our legendary (company) Bus Tours… This time in Perth.

As usual, we’ve partnered with the premier developer in the area to bring you unprecedented investment opportunity. (XXXX) Property Group is Western Australia’s leader in the development of A-grade property. They share our passion for intensely smart design, once in a lifetime location and finishings beyond even the most particular owner/occupier’s desire.

Put quickly, they build the type of property I want to own.

They’ll be along with us on this tour, giving us the insight and insider’s knowledge only a top local group can provide.

Perth is happening now. We’ve found the right partner to take advantage of it. Join us 16 April to get the inside scoop.'

Perthguy likes this.
  2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

It just sounds like the usual marketing. I recommend the standard approach:

1. Don't believe anything they say unless your own research can confirm; and

2. Even if marketing claims are true, assume it carries no weight compared to other DD factors required for the purchase.

Just a personal FYI - I would never have some seller's marketing scheme as the starting point for my research. If I'm seriously considering something, its because my own DD got me there rather than the other way around.

Perthguy and mrdobalina like this.
  3. Robbo03

Robbo03 Well-Known Member

I'm not interested at all ATM, not in a position to buy. But was very interested in this email, considering most on PC discuss Perth being off limits for the next 18 months or so.

4. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Oh ok - well on that issue, I guess its a case of whether you believe random developer marketing spiel vs some of the regular perth forumite opinions...

DoubleD likes this.
  5. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Are they throwing in free flights?
    Marg

Danyool likes this.
  6. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Your suspicions are correct.

That's marketing copy. Written by a professional. The sole purpose of prose like that is to garner your interest so they can market directly to you.

It has nothing to do with research or DD.

It's the exact same format Harry Dent uses, or Port Philip publishing or any of the other email schemes...even the home shopping network uses more or less the same formula...

Given a choice between the reams of info on here on Perth vs that email? Well..... I know which one i'd use to start my research....

Warning light on....

7. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Sounds like they are struggling to sell pre sales, so will try any old trick in the book.

8. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Doesn't property chat do these around Logan?? What's the difference? :p

Haha that's just to get the water park at Elizabeth quay up and running!

Perthguy likes this.
  9. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I am an active property investor looking to buy in the Perth market currently... but only if I can find a good deal. In the last 6 months I have not found a single deal that stacks up for me and IMO deals are not even getting close. To make the numbers work, I have to knock at least $150,000 of the asking price. Even then risk/return makes it not worthwhile. I think it will be a prolonged search for me.

10. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Does the bus go across the Nullarbor??

11. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

Is it Handle Property Group?

12. Purple Patch

Purple Patch Well-Known Member

It would be Positive Real Estate

13. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

But who is the provider of the A Grade property they have partnered with?

14. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Not much use for me. I am looking for something to renovate. It's hard to buy and renovate something in Brisbane or Melbourne when I work in Perth.

My other option is to build my main residence. Ditto. The commute from either of those cities to Perth would be prohibitively expensive :p

bob shovel likes this.
  15. Purple Patch

Purple Patch Well-Known Member

16. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The old out of town roadtrip scheme ?

Old days it was a free flight to QLD for Sydney buyers who think $800K is cheap. They then see a $580K property and think its a bargain. But its worth $530K or less. Price resistant buyers from out of town with their guard down. Locals wont buy at that price. A well planned day around SE Brisbane. Zero time for you to look in the local agents window and see the true market. Hard sell before the flight home. Bet you all properties on trip already have solid valuations and are finance approved through their lenders too. But if you used own lender the val would stink. A good (bad ?) agent qualifies the roadtrippers up front to find those with equity in own home to ensure LVRs are not a issue.

Spruikers School class 101.

Perthguy likes this.
  17. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

It depends on your strategy. Returns and yields suck* at the moment but if you are looking to buy near the bottom of the cycle then this year is probably it. You will need to wait for gains and better yields though so it's not a 'wow this is a cheap buy with great CG prospects and awesome yields' type scenario. In fact the 3 of those rarely all come together.

* extremely technical and professional term