Perth Border Opening 5 February

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by MTR, 18th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Popo7

Popo7 Well-Known Member

“I’m not afraid to apologise. I’m very sorry about what’s occurred. This has been debilitating for many people."

Mining more important than property. It funds most of our GDP.

Last edited: 21st Jan, 2022
  2. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

This is insane not allowing to enter for years now this is brutal
    Too much power arrogance and not making WA health capability sophisticated putting blame on NSW come on he needs to step down for sure but hey as long as WA residents are happy why bother about external noise

Citycat88, 2FAST4U, MTR and 1 other person like this.
  3. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I’m happy as I get my booster in a weeks time, my daughter a week after that and son is a couple of weeks later. I’m happy to WA.

4. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

Next ann from WA Premier "After 110% double (sorry triple) booster achieved" borders may be opened

Nando Lee, 2FAST4U and MTR like this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Unfortunately he broke his promise to open borders at 90% vaxed, should know better than to trust politicians

Worse, no idea when we will open.

6. hematite

hematite Well-Known Member

Aligned here. Risk is OK - you can price it in, but uncertainty? Much harder to deal with.

2FAST4U and MTR like this.
  7. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Why has WA backflipped on plans to reopen to the world, and where do we go from here?

So what does it mean?
    Effectively, travel to Western Australia will remain off-limits beyond February 5.

The rules will not be quite as extreme as they are now. There will be exemptions for compassionate grounds and to allow returning West Australians back into the state (which do not exist currently).

But, there will still be a hard border — nobody will be able to enter WA without a compelling reason.

8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I'll tell ya when the WA border will open...when I have funushed buying of course.

Seriously people....don't worry be happy mon......Markie is just waiting for cases to drop in NSW/VIC/QLD and he will open in a flash.....I reckon mid/late March. By that time they should have most of elderly and other people with issues have had their boosters.;)

9. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    I think it was a very bad decision. WA now has 82 cases of Covid so it may be too late already. It also dents business confidence in the state and talkback radio was full of people saying they were going to leave WA after this decision.

Example:
    "Has McGowan considered how national businesses are meant to function across hard borders for this amount of time? Other than zoom meetings, I haven’t been able to interact with WA based staff or customers let alone the emotional impact of tearing families apart. McGowan’s decision leaves me no choice but to now close the WA office and relocate staff to Adelaide and focus on developing business opportunities in other states".

Edit- As the famous saying goes- A week is a long time in politics. If there are hundreds of cases of Covid daily by this time next week it's going to look like an awful decision in hindsight.

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I had to chuckle at the media footage of people groaning about not being able to visit ... such as the grandma from the UK complaining about missing the "milestones" of the youngest grandie ... wasn't even 100 years ago that if you wanted to vist the grandkids from the UK it involved several months on a dodgy boat, with the very real possibility of not making it... assuming you could even afford to do so ... and no such thing as internet, FaceTime or zoom.

That was only 3-4 short generations ago. When did we get so soft and entitled?

11. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Sing it!

Lizzie likes this.
  12. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Too many snow flakes around nowadays.
    I wonder what would happen if we lost the internet tomorrow.
    I think the world would collapse. :D

Lizzie likes this.
  13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Geez...you WA boyz/gals are sad sacks.... "Hold On"! You will eventually break free from chains......:D ...dedicate this song to all ya boyz/gals in WA!!:)

14. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Some days I feel like the only person happy to be here. But then I find the unhappy people are just a lot more vocal.

If the current cluster grows then the border issue is probably likely to be revisited. Until then no one gets to holiday or visit for work reasons in WA from over east.

I've had meetings with people from interstate national businesses quite a few times last year. Honestly it feels like some people exaggerate just a little when they say they haven't been able to do something for 12mths. I know Perth people that have flown in and out. Yes the timing had to be right but there were quite a few windows of opportunity.

Skuttles, Lizzie and jaybean like this.
  15. Elle Ar

Elle Ar Well-Known Member

One 'mystery' Covid case yesterday, four today... may be in the 3 digits by 5 Feb.

There will come a time when the community spread becomes accepted. Mark will wash his hands Gladys-style ("we gave it our all but this variant ...") et voila.

Not long now.

16. K974

K974 Well-Known Member

When did we get so soft and scared ?

17. MB18

MB18 Well-Known Member

When the only thing preventing us from enjoying the fruits human advancement are dimwitted premiers.

2FAST4U and Scaphella like this.
  18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

19. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

I don’t see anything “soft and entitled” about wanting to see family.

Cars weren’t around much 100 years ago either. Are you also suggesting we are “soft and entitled” for driving, instead of walking everywhere - or taking a horse and cart?

Nor do we send our six-year-olds down the coal mine today.

Scaphella likes this.
  20. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

...when balanced against the fact that people will literally die? I mean I think that's enough, but there's also the healthcare system strain and economic damage too.

Skuttles and Lizzie like this.