WA Perth based commercial construction people

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by QbiK Evolution, 11th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. QbiK Evolution

QbiK Evolution Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to meet some people who may be in the commercial construction business here in Perth.

I’ve just finished my building course at TAFE and am looking to make the jump from engineering drafting into the commercial building sector. Ideally I’d like to speak to anyone who is in the field of estimating, scheduling, site supervisor, project management or along those lines. Nothing to formal just a casual chat about career pathways in this industry and possible good places to get a start.

If anyone here fits the bill and wants to take me up on the offer ill shout coffee or beer in return for your time.

Cheers Cameron

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Specifically commercial construction or people in those roles in resi building too?

3. QbiK Evolution

QbiK Evolution Well-Known Member

I was thinking specifically Commerical, however i'm not having any luck here or other forums finding someone to talk to so Resi could be an option also.

Thanks for the reply Westminster.

4. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

The Perth market is a basket case for winning work as an estimator. If you can, a move to Melbourne or Sydney for a few years would get you exposed to larger companies who only really look at candidates with construction management degrees.