WA Perth - Are all new build's a CG death wish?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Cmelderis, 21st Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Exactly what I mean by head-in-the-cloud attitude by the seller. This will be bought by another buyer with the same attitude for a PPOR because when it comes to PPOR, our emotions get the best of us.

Besides, $1150/m2? Geez that's way over the top, can get much better value in inner suburbs.

2. M M

M M Member

3. Username86

Username86 Well-Known Member

4. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I think the overall quality of new builds has deteriorated in the last 10-20 years. I have a number of properties and while you can’t tar every builder with the same brush, I just don’t seem to have anywhere near the number of maintenance issues with my older properties as I do with my newer ones.

Some have been renovated to a greater extent than others but it’s just the little things that seem to go first in the newer properties, even if the developer has been reputable. No data to back this up, just an experience trend I’ve noticed on my own portfolio.

I now prefer properties that were built in the 90s that have been or have room to be renovated.

- Andrew

Propin, Cmelderis and PICT like this.
  5. M M

M M Member

Yep saw that. Given the costs getting to the point of sale don't begrudge them a profit. Seems well priced compared to other land in the area. Drove past them the other day some really nice houses going up

6. muller23

muller23 Well-Known Member

way to expensive the land here,no wonder people getting mortgage stress when prices fall

7. muller23

muller23 Well-Known Member

8. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

People over extending themselves in the good times and not being prepared for the bad times.

Land is expensive here but nothing compared to other cities. Infact land is a big part of good investment. Sure, Ellenbrook has 80m2 lots with a whole lof of construction selling for top dollar but it'll go no where in terms of CG.

muller23, Propin and Cmelderis like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia