Personal Finance Software?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by TJamesX, 19th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tavinium

tavinium Well-Known Member

I use quicken personal plus at home. Have been doing so for several years. The software hasn't really been updated for a number of years by Reckon, or its previous owners. Yes, they bring out a yearly 'update', but on checking the trail versions of the update I note nothing really changes. I understand home use is not a large market, so why would they invest heavily from year to year.

Quicken is good though, and I think one of the best solutions out there in the personal finance market. Reports and cost tracking are well designed features. It has flexibility in the way it creates and saves reports, to make tax time a breeze.
    Overall, there are good, bad and useless features. For property management, I have set up income and expenses codes to track each type of expenses to align with what the ATO track. You can set up asset and liability accounts to track book, depreciated and true property values. ROI, ROE, and other KPI calcs are not built into the software though. But extracting the data to do the calc in excel is easy.

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Excel for property and I've got a xero feed setup for business (my account income/expenses feed through to my book keeper).

Cheers

Jamie

3. Sandra

Sandra New Member

4. Sandra

Sandra New Member

I have used Property Pro for many years and its great. Does anyone know where I can get the last upgrade of this program?

5. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

I believe it is no longer available and thus has not had an update in many years..

6. sleekgeek

sleekgeek Active Member

WaveApps Invoice for personal / work expenses. Free to use and a good free alternative to xero. It's cloud based.

The only downside is not many accountants have connectivity to it. If you want your accountant to access your data with minimal work from yourself, consider xero.