LIC & LIT Perpetual Equity Investment Company (PIC)

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Nodrog, 26th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Perpetual - Investor Centre

http://www.perpetualequity.com.au/F...y_report_Aug_2016_FINAL_for_ASX_lodgement.pdf

The bull thesis on Woolworths

2 people like this.
  2. Il Falco

Il Falco Active Member

I agree with Vince on WOW. In fact I just sent an email to a couple of investing mates this morning saying that it was time to run the ruler over WOW again. There are assets in the business that can be realised by spin off that I don't think the market recognises. Long term I also think Hamish Douglass's thesis around long term food price inflation is right.

4 people like this.
  3. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

( disclosure i hold WOW roughly 10% of my holdings courtesy of a term held family investment )

i DRP these ( just like the original family holder )

i can see more ( internal ) issues coming the Big W ( mini-empire ) suffered because of historical management strategies of seperate arm development which crippled Dick Smith Electronincs , the hardware misadventure , more recently the Aldi-fication misadventure , what now seem to be the fuel outlet problems ,

now if WOW does some sort of divestment of the liquor/gambling arm there isn't much left to support the troubled food retail section ( at TROUBLED it is , no matter what the figures say )

i won't even think of reaching for the tape measure until WOW cracks the ( sub ) $20 barrier ,

even Corbett hidden in the sidelines as a consultant doesn't seem to be helping ( or was he part of the intial problem )

WOW only appears to own less than 9% of LEP

WoolWorths Limited and Associates 17,076,936 8.72%

06/10/2015 WoolWorths Limited and Associates 25.25% -> 23.46% 14,689,41

and 23% of GRB

not yet, for me thanks