'permit ready' website.

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Magic, 12th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Magic

Magic Active Member

houses or blocks with development potential permits in place or potential to develop, anyone used this site to sell or buy?

Search Property

2. Magic

Magic Active Member

I take it this site isn't very popular. My agent advised to use it to sell a development site I have but I wasn't convinced if it would reach developers/builders looking.

3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I stumbled on this site last weekend.

One useful aspect is it gives you addresses of development sites with DAs. You can then lookup the DAs / plans in council planning websites. Useful if you are considering doing similar developments.

I would like to see a facility showing sold prices of permit ready sites.

4. wombat777

Also found this one

Edit - this is the better link We Sell Land

5. wombat777

6. Magic

Magic Active Member

Thanks, the permit ready website has more stock to choose from compared to the sites you listed. The website's been around for a year and growing but agents don't know of it. I might use them to sell a block. Costs 500 to list.
    Do you think it's worth listing it in addition to realestate and domain to attract interest?

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Thanks
    In Melb there are agents that in the main sell deve sites with plans and permits in place. Good to network with some of these guys, you scratch my back I scratch your back.. Win/win

8. wombat777

Looking at some of the listings, the presentation is quite shoddy. i.e. poor quality scans of plans. I think careful selection of an agent is important.

I also think it's worth considering having some marketing material put together. In addition to a glossy/PDF with floor plans, sales forecasts would also help for the builder-buyer, rental / income forecasts would help for the scenario where a potential buyer is a large SMSF or an investment trust. I'm a bit of a control freak and would prefer to arrange the material myself, rather than leaving it to a real estate agent.

Drone photography is worth considering, particularly if any of the units in a development will benefit from district or water views.

One other thing. Make sure the "copy" on the marketing material is well-written.

The above also allows a builder to hit the go button almost immediately for their off-the-plan sale so if that is required.

Magic and Colin Rice like this.
  9. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

These would have been sourced from "site flippers" also called a "DA uplift strategy" and is a legitimate strategy used well by some.

wombat777 likes this.