Performance Property Advisory - Has anyone used them?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by TopCat, 4th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TopCat

TopCat Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if any members have used PPA (performance property advisory) to help choose and purchase an investment property?

I've searched online for reviews, but other then website reviews/stories; I couldn't find anything else. Nor could I see anything regarding costs.

TC.

Kate likes this.
  2. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

I am also interested in knowing about this Buyer Agent. Have you found something positive/negative about them since your original post?

3. TopCat

TopCat Well-Known Member

Still in the starting stages of maby using them. Was helpful when I met with them for a portfolio review last week.

Kate likes this.
  4. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

They're pretty active in SA that I know of right now - I know three people personally who are selling property/agents selling properties who have dealt with their BA's.

Can't comment on their performance however.

5. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

Ever heard of a story of a GotRocks family by Warren Buffett :) ?

6. Chloe Lu

Chloe Lu New Member

I engaged them last year but found their approach quite sales driven which makes me question whether they are looking in their client's best interest or just trying to make quick commissions off any potential purchase. They would send me lots of properties that didn't meet my brief to the point where I found it very annoying. In the end, I decided to go through another buyer's agency.

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

PPA do describe themelves as buyers agents. But they admit they arent your typical BAs.

They say ....We never source properties direct from developers and we don’t buy properties off the plan or in new housing developments. We have a strict no commission policy preventing us from ever taking commissions from agents or referrers.

Of course their incentive is to sell. Thats how they make $.

8. David McMillan

David McMillan New Member

Chloe - thank you for posting here, we support this forum. We pride ourselves on our customer experience and investment performance. I would like to call you to discuss your experience, however we don’t have any of your details on file. Do you have us confused with another company? There are a number of companies with similar names - my number is 0448808077 - David McMillan - Director Performance Property Advisory

9. Private Property

Private Property New Member

I've used them and wouldn't recommend at all. They don't really seem to know the market and are expensive.

10. Ian87

Ian87 Well-Known Member

I have had a positive experience with them, as has a friend. Would be interested to hear your bad experience. My property in Geelong has already had some similar properties in the area sell for 5-15% more than I paid in Oct.

11. TopCat

TopCat Well-Known Member

Read every word you wrote.

Won't touch them.

AlanM likes this.
  12. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Alan

Very sorry to here about your experiences , and thank you very much for sharing your experiences open and honestly with the forum .

Hopefully it adds an additional warning to other members and non members on the risks of using property advisory companies .

I’m not aware of any long term members who have built their portfolio using such companies .

At this stage , IMHO , I wouldn’t be rushing to get back into Melbourne . Melbourne and Sydney and to a lesser extent Hobart are close or near their tops and at this stage Brisbane is the next place expected to move ( but to be honest , it’s been expected for 2-3 years now ) .

I’m not expecting in to move very soon , ie in the next 2-3 months .

At this stage , probably the best thing is too reflect honestly on what has happened and spend some time reading this forum before deciding if you want to do anything different .

I discuss everything with my wife and if we’re not both happy with a course of action , we’ll take time to think about things before deciding what to do . My wife is inheritantly more cautious than me and knows it .

Out of nowhere today she brought up that she hadn’t wanted to buy in Geraldton many years ago just before the place boomed . Personally I wouldn’t have been game to remind her ... BUT she was the one who suggested we start looking in Sydney a month after the GFC hit and found our second Best Buy to date . The Best Buy was provided by Goanna in the somersoft chat room ( property chats predecessor ) .

Alan , you’ve come to the right place . Ask questions , go to meet ups in Melbourne . Read study , until you know what to do .

Cliff

AlanM, TMNT, fols and 1 other person like this.