Perceptions/Negatives to buying house on existing subdivision

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Spoony, 5th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

I was just curious if separate houses on sub divided blocks have any negative associations that could effect growth or if its just a letter at the end of the street number address on ones mail and box?

Obviously land size etc still applies as relevant. I've been somewhat dismissing some properties because of being on a subdivision but possibly for no good reason?

2. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Once subdivided i have keep the pair together due to the easements created for turning circles
    If i sold one then the problem is being able to park on a turning circle easement ...which the other property owner could challenge

3. Lightie

Lightie Member

if theres no body corp theres no cost difference just that you have a smaller land component.
    land value drives price.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Does the house have its own frontage? or is it at rear on (battleaxe block)?

5. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

Cheers for the feed back. I think I'd only consider properties with their own frontage and no body corp. I assume once split through council it's not a strata title either?

6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

They are not popular in Brisbane. Not in my experience, anyway.

I'll rephrase that. Battle axe blocks are taboo. A large block that has been split down the middle with two decent sized blocks side by side would be more readily accepted by the locals. I have no experience in how people from other cultures would feel about being so close to another household. Let's say it can limit your market.

Spoony likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia