Health & Family PC Weekly Weight Watch Wednesday

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 21st Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Introducing a new weight loss challenge after the successful PC Biggest Loser 12 week challenge over Winter.

Weekly Weight Watch Wednesday is a little bit different from the previous challenge, however the fundamentals are the same - weekly weigh in, plus a series of queue questions.

We have come up with a new format, where you enter your details on the following web link each week, so that the information is collated and is automatically entered in the spreadsheet and other stats recorded. It's quite a good set up.

The other new feature is that all the discussion will happen in this thread. So no more weekly threads. All the discussions, exercise, recipes blowouts etc to be discussed in the one place, as a support group and to help each other out in the one place.

To kick off, this challenge is going to run for 30 days - The 'Spring Blitz', to get us into bikini and budgy smuggler shape (ok, not quite :D ):

• Enter your details on the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/7uBpGWsjggZl0fh43
    • Discuss the new format, how you are going etc in this thread.
    • There are no winners or losers. These challenges are for the wellbeing of all involved.
    • Subsequent challenges will be done in time.
    Thats it. For this challenge we are opening up to weigh in today and tomorrow morning for start weights, then sticking with midweek Wednesdays weigh ins. Gives people a chance to have 'last chance training' after the weekends.

Good luck, and loose weight, look good and feel good for a better lifestyle. Life isnt always about money, as our health is more important.

pinkboy

Nemo30, mrdobalina, S.T and 2 others like this.
  2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Sounds good. I won't be able to weight in til next week

3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Cool, want to get shredded for summer.
    Not gonna lose much weight, but just started my sprinting campaign a couple days ago, so the introduction of HIT/cardio should help me reach the next level of shred.

158 likes this.
  4. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Excellent! Thanks pinkboy, I know you are extremely busy right now as well as doing all your training.
    Thanks also to devank for behind the scenes data collection set up and monitoring.
    This is just the motivation I need to keep me on the right track.
    Anyone genuine is welcome to join in!
    Filling in my form now. Cheers

Ace in the Hole and 158 like this.
  5. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Not the best day to weight me, weight increased 2kg from last week :confused: i think half water but it doesn't make me feel very good

6. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Im kinda trying to shred now too. Ive lost 10kg. Now I need to get back to my old race weight down to 72ish.

Its going to take all my willpower and might to strip the next 10kg! So Im invested in these challenges.

I even had a horrible thought that I might have to come out of running retirement! :eek:

pinkboy

Bran and Perthguy like this.
  7. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

You're pretty close to your ideal weight - a kilo or two of water retention gives you something to start with.

EN710 likes this.
  8. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Thanks @WattleIdo

WattleIdo likes this.
  9. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Did my waist measurement for the first time since end of July and apparently I've lost 5cm!

skater, wylie, Nemo30 and 4 others like this.
  10. Ace in the Hole

Do it.
    Shin splints and Achilles tendinitis never killed anybody.

11. Ace in the Hole

Bodyweight means next to nothing when making comparisons, fluctuations happen for many reasons.
    Body composition is the only important factor and this changes relatively slowly, definitely not on a daily basis.
    I'll be 2kg heavier the day after eating a pizza, then a day or 2 later will be lighter than before I ate the pizza.
    The mirror reveals all, except for internal health.

12. 158

158 Well-Known Member

So I just recorded my initial weigh in this morning. 81.9kg. I have 10kg more to lose. Wont be in this challenge, but with the right attitude and willpower, there is still 14 weeks of the year to go. I feel thats achievable. This next 30 days is about getting portion control right, and exploring new food combinations. Im currently getting a bit bored of what I have been eating to get down this far so far.

pinkboy

Perthguy, Lil Skater and EN710 like this.
  13. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Currently at 71.5 was 85 at start of year. Have been sitting around same for a bit as i trade late 30s flab for lean muscle

14. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

I'm 8 kegs off where I should be. 18 months ago when I was training 8-10 times a week (no roids) I was lean and my BMI was still calling me obese for my height haha. Measurements are just that, interpretation is key.
    I like this thread PB.

158 likes this.
  15. Lil Skater

BUMP!

Did mine before, down a kg from last week!

Jess Peletier, WattleIdo and EN710 like this.
  16. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

My weight hasn't come down much, but felt so much better this week as I cook most of my meal. Lesson: if hubby cook, it will be extra salty!
    Bumped my swimming a little bit as well.

17. Lil Skater

Honestly my eating and exercise has been awful this last week, so I'm not sure how I managed it. I spent 3 days sick and in bed, and the others I didn't eat well - just not been a good little while my end.

I've got to do a massive cook up on Sunday as I've finally ran out of meals from about 3 weeks ago, so need to do the next fortnight or so and get back into my gym. I say I've been bad with the gym, but I've still gone 4 times a week, but just not at the same time I've been previously and also not the 5 times I was doing.

I also had a friend say to me the other day I am too fat and my face too round for a front fringe, so I cut it and sent her a photo with a big fat "screw you" :D (she didn't intend to upset me, we're both incredibly blunt people).

Perthguy and EN710 like this.
  18. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

@Lil Skater 4 times a week is still very good!

I'm quite sure there are front bang styles that looks good for each type of faces. Hairdresser please...

19. Lil Skater

I know 4 times is.. I just have very high expectations for myself!

I'm fortunate that I have the type of face and skin tone that can carry pretty much any cut and colour. I go back and forth between front, side or no fringe alllll the time. I don't really care if someone thinks that my face is too round or not, it's my hair haha

EN710 likes this.
  20. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I'm pleased with my sugar abstinence - I think about 2 weeks.
    Problem for me is, the more work I do on the house - sanding, bogging, painting - the worse I feel. I don't know why I'm doing all this work myself when it makes me feel sick! I still like it though. Anyway, it means I head for the easier meal and eat less veggies and walk less (poor dogs).
    All meals have been at home though and the homemade pre-cooked variety are the secret to success.
    Haven't weighed in this week 'cause I think I've put on a kilo. Frustration.

EN710 likes this.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.