PAYG withholding e-variation

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by raj_27, 15th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. raj_27

raj_27 Well-Known Member

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

You need to use Internet Explorer and have some patience. I have lodged several and am quite impressed they are being processed within 10 days

raj_27 and charttv like this.
  3. raj_27

raj_27 Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul
    I realised that yestrday when I thought I was using Internet Explorer,but I was using Microsoft Edge. I will be happy as long as they do it before 15th July. Last 2 times they took bit more than a month.

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Yeah last year or two have been super slow.

Internet explorer still has the support for the 5 forms they use. They just rolled out a new tax agent form for electing annual PAYG Instalments also using IE and it really makes no sense to use a outdated browser for that yet to access MyGovID they wont support IE as it is a high risk. Its a two way validity check issue that uses activeX. No Mac support either except if using a Windows emulator. I was hoping they would cease using it and then they rolled out a new form. Perhaps never.

Operating systems Windows: XP/NT/Vista/7/8/10

Browsers
    Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7.0 (IE7) or higher (with cipher strength of no less than 128 bits)

raj_27 likes this.
  5. raj_27

raj_27 Well-Known Member

It is very quick this time. Received my letter in 5 days