Pay increase question

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by joogson, 21st Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. joogson

joogson Member

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on my current situation. I am currently about to go through the process of gaining pre approval on an investment loan. At the moment my borrowing capacity is a little less than what I would require to get into the location I am targeting, however I am expecting quite a substantial pay increase in the next couple of weeks which will allow me to get into that location.

My question is - How many payslips with this revised pay increase would most banks want to see before they agree to increase my borrowing power? I'm hoping I don't have wait around for another few months and risk paying an extra 5-10% in this hot market.

2. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

It depends on the bank - some will want two full payslips others will consider it on existing payslips and new letter from employer confirming the details of the pay increase.

Terry_w likes this.
  3. Tony Xia

Tony Xia Structured Loan Advisor Business Member

You'd be good with just 1 payslip and employment letter, you can have the 2nd payslip as a condition.

4. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

The first payslip is usually enough.

5. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Who's the lender?
    Consider the fact that you might already qualify for a higher borrowing limit with another lender.