Passive Thematic ETF Investing Strategy

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Mark202, 18th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

2. Mark202

Mark202 Well-Known Member

How are you feeling now....? ;-)

Now I regret not buying more. Haha. I transferred more money into my brokerage account on Tuesday waiting for another drop. It never happened.

What have I learnt from this....? I just need to set up a monthly direct debit and not look at it. Predicting whether or not Evergrande is going to tank the share market is not easy...

Big A and pippen like this.
  3. Gav

Gav Well-Known Member

Jingo, Big A and Mark202 like this.
  4. Mark202

Mark202 Well-Known Member

Big A likes this.
  5. Gav

Gav Well-Known Member

More importantly you need a written out investment plan, and the discipline (nerve...) to follow the plan. Having that will put you ahead of most.

Jingo, Baker and Big A like this.
  6. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Haha. Yes it feels much better seeing portfolio value going back up rather than down. Though for a buy ,hold and never sell investor who is focused on income generation, prices going up just makes buying that income more expensive.

This is exactly what makes investing so challenging for most people. Even though we know prices going up means we will be paying more to accumulate, our emotions get the better of us every time we see prices move down for the short term.

Good thing is that even though I had such feelings, I did not act off them. I stuck to the plan and bought as much as possible as soon as spare cash was available. No regrets when I bought and price dipped and no regret now that the price moved up and me saying I should have bought more.

nofriends and Mark202 like this.