Partner Motivation

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MudHoney, 3rd May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MudHoney

MudHoney Well-Known Member

Have any other members found their partners don't share their zest for, or even interest in property investment? Has this hampered your property investment journey in any way?

Personally, my partner doesn't share my interest, but is happy to let me make the big decisions on that front, which is great, but I sometimes feel like I am missing out on having that shared passion and goal.

2. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Many, many people have partners who aren't into property investment. Mine isn't, but like yours she is happy to go a long with whatever I suggest, which is perfect. I have PropertyChat if I need to talk to people about property. The people I feel sorry for are the ones whose partners are like a constant handbrake on their endeavours. That would wear me down.

Luke T, MudHoney, paulF and 5 others like this.
  3. MudHoney

MudHoney Well-Known Member

One of the many reasons I joined the forum today @Depreciator !

Luke T and Gockie like this.
  4. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Well-Known Member

I find it works well for my boyfriend to 'lack zest' on property. It forces me to be very disciplined with the where and the what to buy.

A simple rule Ive adopted to keep life happy at home is the 'two yesses one no' rule. Buying property requires two yesses. Not buying only takes one no.

I get his yes with a strong business case and analysis and contingency planning (yawn).

MudHoney and Gockie like this.
  5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Same here. In theory it means I'm more cautious with what is actually bought....

Luckycharm likes this.
  6. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Well-Known Member

Fellow analyst :)

7. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Allow your partner to just be a partner. They don't have to share enthusiasm but it's up to you to be grown enough to not let them stop you from doing what you need to do.

MudHoney, Anthony Brew and MTR like this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Ditto
    Good advice

Xenia likes this.
  9. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

You are a couple.

Ask as a couple - what do I want from life? Will I achieve it? If no, what do I need to change to get there?

If your partner is dead against it you need to talk through the reasons why and pay respect. You love them.

Every marriage involves compromise. What
    Is each party wanting to compromise on.

It might be that you have to let go.

Weaver likes this.
  10. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

My wife just signs the loan documents, that's about the extent of her involvement.
    Apart from that she has no idea about property.
    Too many cooks is no good.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia