Part time business suggestion

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by hash_investor, 29th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

I am going to throw this in the air...

I have come to know about a 'business' of making websites without doing anything. So apparently there is a company somewhere in the US who has a team to build the websites and you just have to find the customers and take your commission. There is a lady at my workplace who I bump into in the kitchen all the time and she is kinda pushing me to explore this business idea more ... ? Is she getting some commission out of it? Part of me thinks it may be another pyramid scheme like amway so thought about posting it here just in case someone has already come across this? They have conferences and presentations in suburbs like Eastwood (where their 'mentor' lives) and Burwood. They recently had a large conference in Olympic Park this weekend (as I was told?). I have asked her a few times about any website of the company but she doesn't have it and just asks me to come to the presentation.

Does anyone know what is she talking about?

2. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

So is she selling websites or the system that sells websites?

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Sounds dodgy - do you have the name of the business? The fact that they have conferences/seminars makes it sound like a hard sell scheme where the saps are the ones doing the legwork

4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Very hard sell indeed... she claims her husband has left his job to go full time on this business. And she is also doing some part time business but in the website track because she is not technical but she is selling some other products...

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Sounds like it.
    Best to stay away from these network marketing schemes.
    If you want you could do it yourself and just out source the work.