NSW Parramatta

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JTR, 2nd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

The light rail is a win for me, as we have been living in Telopea for just over 7yrs, and our place has doubled plus some in price and will surely keep gaining if the infrastructure keeps improving.

larrylarry likes this.
  2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Already have real estate agents trying to convince me to buy the Meriton apartments 'Altitude' now because it will appreciate in value by $50 to 100k by end of construction.

3. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

This has been the sales pitch everywhere for the last couple of years.

4. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

5. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

The site in Parramatta where the Powerhouse museum (aka Museum Of Applied Arts And Sciences) will be moving has been chosen as the old David Jones car park on the bank of the Parramatta River. The employment, tourism and gentrification implications of the relocation may further add to the investing potential of the Parramatta area.

Future of Ultimo site uncertain as Parramatta Powerhouse rolls on
    "Standing across the river from the planned new museum site, an old David Jones car park, the Premier said on Monday that the Parramatta facility would open in 2022 and become Australia's answer to the Smithsonian, the iconic US museum system."

Future of Ultimo site uncertain as Parramatta Powerhouse rolls on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

If thats the plan... that thing is massive!

7. inspiredbyprop

inspiredbyprop Well-Known Member

With so many new developments in the heart of Parramatta CBD, I'm really worried about the road traffic.
    Yes, I know the existing train, ferry, bus and soon light rail are already very convenient (if not one of the best in Sydney). But there is no indication of improving traffic condition in the area.

Seeing the existing one lane one way only and more people living/coming to the area, I don't understand how the existing road infrastructure will cope in the future (although parking condition is worse than the traffic IMHO).
    Or is this part of the government plan to stop people from driving into the area? Personally, I prefer taking public transports, but I know some people would ONLY drive! In my view, the CBD has almost no scope for road expansion unless they remove some existing buildings which will not happen.

8. Gockie

M4 East is needed!

9. Befuddled

I can't see the road traffic improving. But then again, this applies to anywhere that is considered a hub in Sydney. With population projected to increase this would only get worse over time.

I like the fact that public transport projects is the focal point. I'd be worried if the government's strategy to tackle congestion is to build more roads. That's not the way to go. Should try to emulate cities with high population concentrations (eg: Shanghai, Tokyo etc) and make public transport more appealing. I would prefer underground metro over the existing train lines as the train lines are contributing to the congestion. Unfortunately can't see that being implemented though

hash_investor likes this.
  10. Gockie

I tend to agree.... build it and they will come....

11. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Not again. Where did a road solve a traffic problem? They need to move fast on publish transport. Train lines need to be built and built fast. We need another Central station somewhere near West. Central station is the bottleneck now

12. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Just received Parra Pulse from Mayor and newsletter from MP Geoff Lee. @jeffb5ltr more changes coming to Telopea!

13. inspiredbyprop

inspiredbyprop Well-Known Member

@hash_investor I agree with you on the fast train line. However, I don't central station is the bottleneck for now.
    The issue is mainly due to the slow (old) train movement. Imagine if all trains can start/stop as quickly as the fast trains in HK, we could have fitted more trains during the peak hour hence increasing the frequency.

14. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Love all the plans for the expansion of Parra and look forward to them. Still affordable for FHBs and investors, decent and much needed infrastructure and retail/commercial/resi dvpt coming on board - all of this will improve the area and change for the better, in my opinion.

Traffic, much like the Sydney CBD, will always be a problem but that's to be expected in any highrise built-up area that's heavily populated. I just hope that council factors this in and leaves or builds on the existing public parking available so that Westfield doesn't become a bottleneck carpark....

Property Twins likes this.
  15. Befuddled

It kind of already is!

krispy likes this.
  16. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Oh I know trust me :eek: but it can get worse- far worse. Think Dec 23-24 post 5pm.......
    once took me 50mins to get down to street level from Level 2!

17. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

The point is not every train has to go through central. This is because we don't have enough trains and we want to cover a lot of area with a single train.

18. Gockie

There was one time, I think I might have been in junior high, we left there after trading had finished. It was well over 30minutes for us to get out of that carpark. Dad said he'd never go to Parramatta Westfield ever again.

Jacque likes this.
  19. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

It took us more than one hour to get out. Curiosity took us there on 23 Dec 2004... Never went back for Christmas shopping.

20. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

See so many cranes and apartments going up. As mentioned by the others, the traffic is a killer and especially on Thursday nights it's frustrating. I guess if you rely on public transport it's pretty good and they has been talks about Parramatta station being as busy as Central station in the future.