NSW Parramatta

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JTR, 2nd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Well yes, would like to have more control in a situation like this. I reckon most would give in too easily. I wonder whether it will be full steam ahead now as those youtube clips suggest. There are several new developments coming into fruition now. With more and more being built, they might bring the pessimism for which we're watching and waiting.

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I think devo will go head but the recent development abroad may dampen a little. Must ask MP Geoff lee again.

3. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

4. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

http://www.smh.com.au/business/prop...-see-more-housing-growth-20150831-gjbqbn.html

"The booming residential sector has also attracted the Australian developer, Dyldam Developments, which has paid $24 million for an office building 460 Church Street, Parramatta.

In a deal negotiated by CBRE's Western Sydney managing director Frank Oliveri, the property has been ear-marked for a new 120-plus apartment project.

Mr Oliveri said that with all of the existing office leases in the building either short term or subject to demolition clauses, the property had been marketed as an ideal conversion opportunity.

"Parramatta is being rapidly transformed, with the periphery of the CBD shifting from being predominantly a commercial precinct to one that is now dominated by residential developments," Mr Oliveri said.

New developments in the northern precinct of Parramatta include Meriton' s 330 Church Street, the Lidis redevelopment of the Lennox Bridge Car Park, 333 Church Street and Holdmark's 463 Church Street project.

Mr Oliveri expects developers to increasingly target opportunities in both Parramatta and other suburban CBDs such as Strathfield, where CBRE is presently marketing 2 Raw Square – an office building that would suit conversion to 70+ apartments subject to the relevant approvals."

5. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is what 460 Church st looks like presently. Interested to see if it will look much different after the conversion. It's the first office to residential conversion in Parramatta, I wonder if it will start a trend in the area.

Are coverted apartments typically cheaper than brand new off the plan apartments? Any downsides to buying an office converted apartment?

Last edited: 9th Sep, 2015
    skuzy likes this.
  6. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

Tekoz likes this.
  7. Aaronjod

Aaronjod Well-Known Member

Hey C-Mac,

Just curious, why did you sell it? Sounds like a perfect way to pull the equity and go again?

I have a similar situation to you but I'm of the opinion I should hold on, and get even more growth in the longer term (10-20 yrs?)
    Sounds like it was pretty positive!

8. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

Some interesting new design proposals coming out of the Parramatta Square development, with a body of water through the middle. It sort of reminds me of the Forum at St Leonards NSW.

Winding water course at heart of proposed Parramatta Square public space

"A long, winding body of water is the key feature of the proposed design for the public space at the heart of redevelopment plans for Parramatta's CBD.

The 10,000 square metre space has been described as the "make or break" element of the $2 billion Parramatta Square, one of the largest urban renewal projects in Australia."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/winding-w...atta-square-public-space-20150928-gjwedr.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Similar idea in practice at The Forum in St Leonards NSW
    [​IMG]

WattleIdo likes this.
  9. larrylarry

I don't know if the water course is a good thing or not because it takes away space for walking. Good in summer if you can go in for a dip and pick up some lucky coins.

10. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

JTR: "Similar idea in practice at The Forum in St Leonards NSW"
    Looks good.

Just looking back at
    Holy Moly - we won't be able to move in Westmead. It's already packed to the rafters. I like the idea but they'll have to do something about the traffic, parking, walkways and cafes!

11. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I just want free outdoor exercise equipment at Parramatta... they have a free water play area in the Eastern side of Parramatta already and play equipment for the kids over at the River (they really should put outdoor exercise equipment at the River in my mind)

I requested outdoor fitness equipment over 12 months ago... I hope they can include it somewhere.... how else am I going to work on the chinups etc in my lunchtimes without gym fees?

12. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd see the day!
    Parramatta has been included on a list of "trendy hipster" suburbs, including Neutral Bay, Lane Cove, St Peters, Freshwater, Crows Nest, Marrickville, Coogee, Waterloo and Drummoyne.

Young trendies turning old money suburbs into trendy new postcodes

"Sydney’s second largest CBD has found its groove as a destination for food lovers. The migration of industry heavyweights such as Messina, Jamie Oliver’s and Bourke St Bakery out west has seen the foodie scene take off. Combined with hip cafes like Circa Espresso and Church St’s smorgasbord of exotic cuisines, the suburb offers its own distinct vibe. Parramatta’s real estate market is also booming; house prices have doubled in the past three years and its unit have enjoyed more than 40 per cent capital gain in the same time. Its skyline is set to change dramatically in the next five years with more than 30 major projects earmarked for development, including the V by Crown tower and Australia’s tallest residential building, the 90-storey Aspire tower."

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...dy-new-postcodes/story-fnd91nhy-1227578158149

[​IMG]

teg499 likes this.
  13. larrylarry

Just because Parramatta has trendy restaurants and cafes that make Parramatta hipster? I don't see hipsters in Parramatta.

Parramatta still has a long way to go but on the right track.

Last edited: 22nd Oct, 2015
  14. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Go to a normal playground. The hand ladder thing is perfect for chin-ups. Look up park exercises on YouTube.

15. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Hahaha parramatta hipster? dri-fit cap, bum bag, trackies and everlast shirts ain't hipster

samiam and larrylarry like this.
  16. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

It's being reported that some big players in the bar scene are looking at making a move into Parramatta, fuelled by the expected population boom with "20,000 people set to move into the city in the next 10 years".

The rise of small-bar culture in Parramatta

"Small-bar culture is on the cusp of take-off in Parramatta, with major hospitality groups looking to capitalise on the city's booming commercial and residential population.

Tens of thousands of residents, workers and students are set to move into Parramatta in the next decade and the emergence of a new thirsty market has not been lost on some of the bar industry's key players."

Why small bar operators are heading west

[​IMG]

Property Twins and teg499 like this.
  17. larrylarry

If we get rid of the hoons, alfresco dining would be more pleasurable.

krispy and samiam like this.
  18. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Im glad I own several properties within 5 minutes of Parramatta!

19. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

CBA abandons western Sydney

Wondering if this will have a ripple effect with other major companies doing the same and how this will affect Parra's status as the 2nd CBD

Tekoz likes this.
  20. larrylarry

Time will tell. They have to find another company to take CBAs place. Immediate impact would be on apartments in Parramatta I would think.