Parramatta = The center point of Sydney?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by inspiredbyprop, 26th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Whitnug

Whitnug New Member

From what I've read today (07/03/2017), despite all the hype and money being poured into Parramatta as the "geographical centre of Sydney", the latest report from the ABS states that this position is now closer to Richmond! Has to happen with all the new suburbs exploding north, south and west of Sydney.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Do you have a link?

3. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

Nothing much is changing, just the epicenter shifting west.
    • North of the m4 will still be more desirable than south of the m4.
    • Red rooster will slowly go out of business along its most eastern fringes, while opening up more on the opposite side.
    • The mad lads that love their ******* but fast cars slowly move out more west to find more space to do their thing.
    • The Indian/etc grocers gradually shift out from places like Harris Park through Pendle Hill into Seven Hills.
    • Loaded aussies now buy in the hills, less so Turramurra/Killara, more Baulkham Hills/Winston Hills.
    • The old maltese fellas who loved buying acreage in Quakers Hill/etc 20 years ago moved to Schofields/Marsden Park/etc, now they're moving to Luddenham/Annangrove/near Richmond/Llandilo, etc
    • Parramatta ain't the rapidly gentrifying big town with the wealthy council anymore, now its Blacktown
    • Immigrants who come to Syd with no specific attachment to a suburb now don't just buy wherever in Marrickville / Croydon / Wentworthville... I think they're already up to Mt Druitt/Rooty Hill..
    • Working class young to mid age families aren't buying up in Caste Hill / Baulko anymore, Erskine park, Glenmore park and the Penrith surrounds are the new go to for families from established Aussies.. the new "suburban" places
    • Even the freakin literal shoreline is trending west thanks to Global Warming.

I call it c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l city drift.

Last edited: 9th Mar, 2017
    bob shovel and BKRinvesting like this.
  4. Gockie

Interesting considered commentary!
    It's not something I had really thought about. Question. Any thoughts on changes in the demographics of the population of the Bankstown region? My thought is that they are staying there and not moving further west. Or are they moving to Melbourne? Still imo there's a lot of demand for living there though, it's not far out so it's pretty well located.

Last edited: 9th Mar, 2017
  5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Bankstown will be the new "marrickville" next cycle (watch this space;)) gentrify etc close to the city ripe for underval deals.

Gockie likes this.
  6. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Maybe in 20-30 years :)
    Got a few other suburbs in between that it needs to move through first.

When Canterbury Boys start getting to the top 100 schools, then you know its changing :)
    (I can't believe it was a selective school years ago.... i wonder what happened)

bob shovel likes this.
  7. bob shovel

true. we'll call it "east Bankstown" area ;) Lakemba and greenacre are already prime suburbs....:oops:

8. neK

neK Well-Known Member

What is this Lakemba you refer to?
    Never heard of it.
    But there's this awesome suburb called Lake Emba. :p

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Many of the tenants that I have placed in the area have been mature age students - Masters and above.

10. bob shovel

I believe it's near Hashfield

11. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Is this a copy of the exam?
    Bankstown High School Maths Test

12. Gockie