NSW Parramatta Light Rail

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by teg499, 21st Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Epping is going to be so dense that no longer funny.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

To go from the west to the east in the morning and east to the west in the afternoon is no fun at peak hour. Still, better than it was pre M2, but it's just going to get worse again.

Luckily for me, I've been going against the main traffic flow for the past 2.5 years. Won't always be the case though.

Last edited: 21st Feb, 2017
  3. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

Just think about the local schools that are inadequate to cater for the influx of students ..... when all those apartment finishes in 10 years time it would be like living in Asia.

larrylarry likes this.
  4. Gockie

I think North Ryde needs a high school built.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Bring back the Peter Board High School on Epping Rd (where Harris Technology was).

6. Tattler

Probably far easier to convert Cheltenham Girls and Epping Boys into 2 separate Co-Ed high school. They are both next to Epping to cater for all those people in apartments.

Of course that would cause uproar from some parents .....

7. Gockie

How is that supposed to help? Both are already at capacity.

8. Tattler

It is far easier to allocate students to Co-ed schools than 2 single sex schools from town planning point of view. Of course from capacity point of view, can always build more buildings either sideways or upwards.

it is far harder to get approval for new schools as you need to get past stringent approval processes, hire completely new principals, brand new staff etc. Whereas building on existing schools is far easier.

9. Gockie

Not sure about this.... lets say Cheltenham Girls has been a driver of parents into the area for as long as I have been alive. Don't break a good thing!
    Epping Boys is really popular too these days.
    Yes, true. The schools in Parramatta CBD are going to be built highrise style. If it has to be, it has to be. Those schools at the moment have no real grass, ditto Eastwood public. I think schools without grass fields is terrible! Loss of the traditional Australian childhood. And keep in mind many of these students will live in housing with no yards to run around in either. Poor kids.

Last edited: 22nd Feb, 2017
    krispy likes this.
  10. krispy

krispy Well-Known Member

2 out of 3 of my kids schools in Parramatta already have no grass and already have huge waiting lists. Taking away Parramatta pool is also going to be one less thing for them to do in the sunshine although there is talk of a new aquatic centre with indoor /outdoor pools but that could be years away and will most likely take away some of the green space in Parramatta park. I love all this new developement in our city but I wish they would plan for the future health of our kids a little more.

11. Skeppersap

Skeppersap New Member

I am the opposite of Krispy it seems.....I own a property which is only 50m or so from one of the stops, which is great. Unfortunately, I expected the line to be one street away, but it now appears like it will be on our street (quite a wide street).

What are the thoughts on my situation, will this have a positive impact on my property value?

It is all systems go though, we missed a visit from a Project Team member yesterday, and they have commenced survey in the area.

12. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Which stop?

13. krispy

krispy Well-Known Member

I am curious about this too. Looking at the prices they are getting in Castle Hill atm yet we are still only getting around 1.5 for a 600mt block even in a row that they can put 65 units on.

I know our behind neighbours are already having chats to developers and they are thinking of the same type of figures. Thats just not worth moving to me.

Will we see CH prices for combined sellers or has it got something we dont have an we have too many units on the market/ being built to make it worthwhile for developers?