Parramatta* is the centre of Sydney...

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Gockie, 6th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I'm watching units. Of course the houses have gone...so is northmead westmead north rocks etc.

Tekoz likes this.
  2. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

You seen the 600ish apartment block on cnr James Ruse and Windsor Rd? I can't believe all these cars need to filter on to North Rocks Road in the mornings, I don't think this will go very well unless they put direct access in to James Ruse for it.

Still, more units is fine by me, it should make my Northmead town house more appealing :).

3. larrylarry

Mate we should catch up for coffee near Northmead. That building at the corner is shocking. It must all be sold. It's a massive development facing bunnings. That Junction is going to create a lot of problems at peak hours. How much were they sold for?

4. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Dyldam bought that site 15 years ago for not much more than @ $2 Million, I am told... whether that's true or not I don't know, but if it is, the profits out of that development must be enormous!

5. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

It is what you say to people who really want to be in, or invest in, Sydney but don't have the funds and only have enough to buy in Parramatta. ;)

neK likes this.
  6. larrylarry

$2 million for that site??? There were shops and houses there before the construction. I drove past a couple of times and it's massive.

7. Jacob Field

Jacob Field Well-Known Member

8. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Happy to mate, I live on Hammers Rd so not far from there at all :).

I didn't see how much they sold for, I looked but I believe it was mostly sold OTP to a specific cultural persuasion (This is what I was told by my neighbors, it could be wrong).

I also looked at work for any details surrounding the development (I work for a building products company) but didn't even find a tender note.

That exit next to bunnings is the only exit currently, this concerns me as nth rocks rd junction to Windsor Rd is already shocking, they need to punch through a road from the units to James Ruse and possibly one out the back past Northmead high school near the campbell street shops, either way they are dumping another 600+ cars into the morning rat race on an already congested area. If they rely on the public transport system it's even worse because by the time the busses from baulkham hills get anywhere passed the M2 and on the way to Parramatta, they are already over loaded and don't stop a lot of the time.

We need an underground rail link like London, on a loop with trains going both ways going down windsor rd to rouse hill then loop across past schofields / riverstone / quakers, through blacktown and then back to Parra and harris park via Prospect, Pemulway, Greystanes, Wenty, and Westmead, that would be awesome :). Imagine what that would do for the area with stops every 2 k's or so.

9. larrylarry

I know where Hammers Rd is. ;) Nice place to be.

Re that junction, we'll see but I am expecting increased congestions.

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  10. euro73

There was a go kart centre I recall.... anyway, yes... I believe they purchased it a long time ago and sat on it .

11. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

My records show they paid $900K for it almost 13 years ago to the day!

teg499 and Esh like this.
  12. euro73

The prospects of any Govt of any persuasion- local, state or federal - lib, nat, ALP, Green or independent - ever having the nouse, know how, business acumen or vision to do anything remotely competent with regards to public transport in Sydney, is fanciful at best - and I'm being kind when I say that.

Point in case - new airport at Badgerys Creek - but no rail to service it. This is what happens when you allow pollies to convince the public that all debt is bad. They refuse to borrow to invest in infrastructure. When they eventually get around to it they are 20 years behind before they start, and it is piece meal at best.

2nd point in case - NW Rail link. announced , canceled and re- announced exactly 17 times across 2 decades before it actually commenced - and when built, will already be redundant and overwhelmed as its essentially a light rail extension with no capacity to carry the same trains as the main network.

teg499 and Dan Donoghue like this.
  13. euro73

Well there you go.... 900K. Deal of a lifetime it would appear.

teg499 likes this.
  14. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I'm not going to tell you but it definitely isn't in Parramatta ;)

15. euro73

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  16. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Scott No Mates perhaps @Biz is in holiday mood to the island of the gods in Bali :cool:.

17. Liela71

Liela71 Active Member

Sutherland shire is affectionately known as Gods country. Locals from the Shire will tell you it's the cost of a local phone call to call the big guy

18. larrylarry

19. euro73

This will give Rosehill, Harris Park, North Parramatta and Westmead...and even Camellia - a real push along

teg499 likes this.
  20. larrylarry

Indeed! I think Westmead and Parramatta already had been impacted. Harris Park still affordable. Camellia will be an interesting one.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia