Cars & Motorbikes Parking Fine Perth

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Chomp, 29th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I must be dyslexic - I thought you said "Parking's fine in Perth" & I was inclined to agree. :)

House likes this.
  2. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

Gold right there !

In what he describes as a “cheeky tip” straight from the mouth of a parking officer, Mr Battaglia cites one of the more daring methods: “If you get a parking fine, go to the next car with a valid ticket on the dashboard, take a photo and send that in with the online appeal. It actually works and it’s a win against the greedy councils revenue raising tactics.”

He added the disclaimer: “Not so sure about the legality, but it’s just a bit of fun”.

(Editor’s note: defrauding the local council or state debt recovery office is not recommended.)

3. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

I tried this once years ago. And they rebutted by sending me a photo of my entire car with no ticket visible....

Frankly i dont think council based fines will rescind unless its a technicality or blatent error

But then proving the blatent error is another battle too

4. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

Ha ha, I just won't stand for being bullied :)

5. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

Yeah councils are different but this is Wilson Parking (private).

6. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I'd say most councils now do this.

A lot of meter parking in BCC doesn't even give you a bit of paper. You have to enter a rego number when paying. I guess they did it to stop people getting some 'free' parking that had been paid for by the previous person and not used.

Many moons ago I used to use a parking tower that used paper tickets. People leaving would hand over their partially unused tickets to those entering.

7. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

I might be a little naive, but why don't people take responsibility for their actions?

"Woe is me, I did the wrong thing knowing what the penalty would be if I got caught...and I got caught"?

158 likes this.
  8. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

Aw c'mon this is Australia Waldo. That sort of attitude doesn't cut it here anymore. You must think you're in one of our asian neighbours or NZ or sumfin.;)

9. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

If the councils were consistent and were genuinely concerned about safety and not covering a revenue raising task then people would probably be a bit more sympathetic

Theyd rather be fining people who over stay their parkikg spot by ten mins then fixing say a hole in the ground

10. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

across the road, as in literally 20m away is a multistorey city of perth carpark at around $4/hr, I don't understand people who park in Wilson and then get upset at the inevitable

Perthguy likes this.
  11. sanj

bullied? you overstayed, got caught and got fined. how are you being bullied???

whinge whinge whinge. stand up and be accountable for God sake

Waldo and D.T. like this.
  12. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

Yeah I didnt realise that carpark was there at the time mate.

Demanding $65 bucks when all they lost was $5 is a bit much I think, each to there own !

13. 158

158 Well-Known Member

No, that's not the case at all.

You paid 1/2 an hour. That was the contract between the carpark and yourself. You must honour that contract as per the terms and conditions.

That carpark could have potentially turned away a higher paying/longer staying customer from the premises, because you did not honour your contract. As such, they have taken reasonable steps to recoup those potential losses.

And if you don't like it at this level, then you are not cut out to enter into more complex and potentially higher stake contracts in the future.

And its certainly not bullying. Its about maximising investment by getting longer staying customers into the space, and deterring people who break their part of the commitment of the contract. The fine isn't a provoked attack (bullying), its a measure to defend its right to maximise that carpark's earnings.

In the carpark's eyes, you are the bully.

pinkboy

14. sanj

They didn't just "lose" $5. of course it is excessive, Wilson is a ripoff but if everyone expected to only pay the shortfall when they got caught no one would pay for parking.

Anyway enjoy your battle

158 likes this.
  15. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

Everyone wants to be a Philadelphia lawyer,

I have studied contract law, only a court can order damages.

Pinkboy, come on mate seriously.

16. 158

158 Well-Known Member

It's a fine, not a damage.

Fight it all you like....it won't change that you were in the wrong.

pinkboy

17. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

Pinkboy, it states "a claim for liquidated damages" you haven't even read it !

You sound like the plums who told me not to take my mechanic to court last year, guess what I won !

Maybe you should consider giving out advice.

MTR likes this.
  18. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Lets look at your own 'Philadelphia Lawyer' antics first.

Taking Mechanic to Court Perth
    Developing Hurdles
    Parking Fine Perth

Your only 3 threads posted on PC have all only been about you suing somebody.

And BTW, you didn't 'win' if you didn't recover all costs and fees. You merely recouped some costs relating to your car.

Perhaps its the 'Plums' like you turning Australia into a litigious state like the USA.

Pay the fine, stop being a dick over 65 pesos and move along.

pinkboy

sanj likes this.
  19. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

Ha ha, I think we all know who the dick is here mate ! you are giving out advice on things you know nothing about. Your response proves at least I have some experience in theses matters.

Check my comments on other threads they are usually positive and quite helpful :)

Last edited by a moderator: 2nd Mar, 2016
    MTR likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.