QLD Park Ridge QLD 4125 is now in the top 10 list of fastest growing suburbs in QLD !!!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Tekoz, 22nd Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

ok, now I read this news in Apartment lender 'blacklists' 140 suburbs

I believe this is only applicable to apartment only not to House & Land package:
    [​IMG]

and... only one lender that is restricting themselves from lending that is AMP.

My current lender is with CBA, luckilly I got the loan approval few months ago.

2. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

3. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

@Tekoz - have you rented out and how much is the rent? thanks

4. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Not yet fully build @Sam I'll let you know once it is finished.
    But aside from that, the majority of the H&L package in Park Ridge is already increased by more than $40k per year :) based on the last year purchased price.

I tried to suggest this blue chip investment grade property oppurtunity, but people didn't take me seriously last year.

Now see it yourself, the price has skyrocketed for sure: Houses For Sale with 3 bedrooms in Park Ridge, QLD 4125 (Page 1) - realestate.com.au

5. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

well then, please update us when you rent it out

6. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

Load up ladies and gents. As blue chip as they come.
    SQM Research - Weekly Asking Property Prices

Tekoz likes this.
  7. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Tekoz likes this.
  8. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Easy tiger..
    Most suburbs in bris have done much the same if not better..

Tekoz likes this.
  9. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Where?
    I deadset reckon Park Ridge is a great location for H & L packages cause its not in the middle of nowhere like some of the estates.. Glad you did it @Tekoz. I can imagine those houses going up even more with each land release going up 5-10k

Tekoz likes this.
  10. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@all bit of correction,

My land size is 250 sq M a can be seen from the below lot:

[​IMG]

it is always amazing that in QLD people still buy that small land size, not just an interstate investor like me. The agent told me that not all of the supply is bought by investors, some of them is owner occupiers as well.

Source:https://www.frasersproperty.com.au/...idential/QLD/The Rise/The Rise Stage Plan.pdf

Anyway, the future is bright for Park Ridge and Logan area.
    See the section 4.1 and 4.3, hence this is driving Park Ridge and the surrounding area even more in the years to come.

Official Source: http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/62102/part-a-section-3-to-4.pdf

11. Foxdan

Foxdan Well-Known Member

@Tekoz im going to give you top points for your enthusiasm towards your investment. I'm sure it will inspire some others. It will be worth 1 million one day.

Whitecat, Bran and Tekoz like this.
  12. meme plecko

meme plecko Well-Known Member

@Tekoz, 1000 posts, congrats :)

Tekoz likes this.
  13. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Foxdan Yes, despite negative view on this new suburb, I keep on sharing the good and positive side of it.

When you look at the rest of the lot, eventhough it is bigger, msotly they are 3 bedrooms, while mine is 4 bedroom on 250 sq M North facing with slightly elevated floor base for better " Chinese Feng Shui" factor to cater for non local renters as well :cool:

@meme plecko Yes, it's quite an achievement. Thanks for the support.

Foxdan likes this.
  14. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I'm most interested in the adjoining lands labelled 'future residential'.

Please don't confuse 'negative views', with 'you might do better elsewhere'. I don't think anyone has said Park Ridge will go backwards. It's just the capital growth and vacancy rates of most concern.

Tekoz and Foxdan like this.
  15. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Bran Yes, that'll be the most interesting discussion.

But from the Logan city council PDF I posted above, the future development will be exciting just like Coomera with the Disneyland project.

Feel free to update my post here about the "future development" area if you know anything about it.

16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

There used to be a simple paper trick with H#L sales like this as i have sold real estate in set-ups like this 26 years ago for a very short time near those new developments ,till i saw the dark side within real estate sales and was sacked, where some people would camp out on the blocks overnight prior too the estates coming into the sales days just to add too the mix sometimes i would sign six contracts on the first day,where the developer would through a second third party buy some of the best locations,prior too the sales starts,then quickly build a house then sell the house to a third party all are linked,sometimes a bit of false accounting was used to bump up the numbers,not saying in any way this still happens,but this is Qld or there is any intent to defraud or make any false pretence of the facts ,always pays to look at both sides,and i hope this works for you,good luck..imho..

Whitecat and Tekoz like this.
  17. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

The "future development" that I can see is more H&L.

I went to the Park Ridge Tavern a month ago. Gentrification is waaaaaaay off.

Let it tick along I guess. See what happens.

Tekoz likes this.
  18. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Forest lake is your model here.
    I think Forest Lake is a good example of what this suburb will do if Brisbane takes any sort of period of stagnant or backwards growth.
    This sort of place that is far, cheaply done and lots of land around will be affected relatively more. Forest Lake took a beating in 2008.
    Once the shininess has worn off these types of burbs become quite slummy. Mostly rentals. You.will get the Crips (disadvantaged youth trying to be tough guys) moving in just like in Forest Lake. (That's just an example of the demographic).
    I wouldn't anticipate rent increases happening for a long time.
    I think you paid not a bad price and if bne continues to rise you may get some further gain. But long term capital gains will be relatively slow compared to more inner areas.
    Then again what else can you do with 300k? Units are going nowhere for a long long time.
    I note though that it is possible to get houses for about 250k on 300 square metres in Woodridge. That's closer to the city and has more services around and closer to the train. High density of public housing but would I suggest that it would be a worst investment then Parkridge no I wouldn't because essentially the private renting demographic is going to be pretty similar.

Overall no criticism of your decision but just wanting to provide a seq perspective on the medium term once the developers hype is worn off.

Gen-Y and Tekoz like this.
  19. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Forest Lake peaked in 2008-2010 around 380-400k. It went side ways for 5-7 years. In 2013 in surpass it's peak. This is your typical Brisbane cycle...It has exceeded 400k median and I don't expect it will go below this point in the future, even next trough.. It also doubled like any Brisbane suburb in 2000-2004. If Brisbane increases, I don't anticipate FL to be left behind..

ej89 and Whitecat like this.
  20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

It has a bearing on the house market also....any development opportunities in the suburbs are also quashed...as developers will not get any pre-sales in place.

Note the number of Logan and Carins suburbs...a very clear pointer to what will happen in the future.

It also has Mandurah and surrounds...interesting.....

Tekoz likes this.