Paris

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Ozzie in Texas, 14th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Yes...the question you should be asking is not whether he is or isn't, but rather 'so what if he is? '

D.T. likes this.
  2. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Indeed.

I dunno; if I was the Leader of the Free World, and if I was a practicing Muslim and was witnessing this developing cancer on the world on a daily basis, I think I might use my position and resources to try and make (more of) a difference.

Whether I was a Muslim or not, I think if I was the Pres, I would be doing more.

Not so much the bombs; more the reaching out to the Muslim communities to get on board and be vocal.

Geoff said; "it's not newsworthy". He's right of course.

But if Obama is involved, and involves the Muslim community, it possibly would be.

3. Bayview

There is always outrage at those incidents too.

I think the difference is that the US and others who do similar things are doing it by accident, versus a planned attack not anywhere near a war zone against innocent folks who never saw it coming.

Civilians in war zones (not hospitals of course where folks are not able to get away) have the ability to be aware of impending trouble and choose to get away or not for the most part.

Doesn't make it right and equitable, but that's how the world views these things unfortunately.

Not enough is ever said about "friendly fire" deaths, or accidents resulting in deaths not associated with "in the field" either.

There used to be a memorial on Santa Monica Beach every weekend for the deaths of US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan...the amount of troops killed by such things as a truck falling on them during a tyre change, or drowning in a creek, etc - were astounding.

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Would it make a difference if half the world's Muslims denounced the terrorists?

From Wikipedia (which I referenced to verify a statement I'd seen in the press)
    So by definition they will not listen to denouncements. Anybody who disagrees with them is an infidel- and we've seen how they deal with infidels.

5. Bayview

On it's own - no.

There has to be a combined effort of strategies -
    1. education of the kids.
    2. somehow block their postings on the various internet and social medias etc.
    3. ongoing eradication of cockroaches by World armies.
    4. Active and vocal showing of intense disappointment etc by the religion and communities to show that it is not supported or condoned etc.
    5. Active observation and dobbing in of those in the community who show signs of becoming or being radicalised.

My suspicion is folks are too scared to speak up because of your last sentence - but this is what the cockroaches want.

Last edited: 16th Nov, 2015
    Bran likes this.
  6. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, there is no grand mufti. (Edit: there IS a grand mufti. Shows what I know).

Many muftis disagree with each other, seemingly just to disagree with each other.

Last edited: 16th Nov, 2015
  7. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

It's hard to kill cockroaches.
    Especially when 1 or 2 of them appearing (e.g. in an Australian city) suggests there are far more of them than there actually are.

8. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

mrdobalina and JDP1 like this.
  9. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

This is not a word!! Back to Engrish school for you.

10. Ed Barton

Start one. - if there were more guns there would be less deaths by guns.

11. Ed Barton

Dirty commie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Ed Barton

and then I robbed a service station and murdered someone - so USA-an

13. Bayview

:confused: shopping mall/high school mass murders?

Brings up an interesting point though about Isis; cutting off their supply of things such as weapons, fuel etc would be part of a strategy...find out who supplies them now and cut that link off...a lot of folks in high places might come unstuck as a result, I'm tipping.

There was a report on the ABC today that an air strike blew up 2 tankers of fuel/oil destined for an Isis position yesterday....all helps.

Last edited: 17th Nov, 2015
  14. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

A couple more:
    1. Money
    2. Love

15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

There would probably be a fair few high up yankees with red faces.

16. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Fact: gun violence in the U.S. is highest where the gun laws are tightest.

[​IMG]

Which makes sense, since one would be less likely to commit crime against a person who is likely to be carrying and will shoot you.

17. Bayview

John-Wayne.jpg

18. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

nope.

this whole thread...just.....nope.

19. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

No .. it doesn't really follow... The gun laws are tightest in the higher crime areas because they had/have the biggest problems.
    Fact: Tighter guns laws work. Compare US to any other country. The exception of Switzerland (where I lived for a while) is different with high gun ownership and low crime rates, but the controls on those guns are extremely tight (like account to the government for every bullet tight), unlike the US. Still funny to see the unease of tourists getting on the train with a bunch of 20 year olds sitting around armed with military AR15s.

20. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia