Paris

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Ozzie in Texas, 14th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

Actually I'm going to make a few enemies with this post but there is an elephant in the room that people wilfully ignore. I googled this article which touches on two issues: inbreeding and the lower IQ s (and physical/mental health issues that follow) of resultant offspring.
    Muslim Inbreeding: Impacts on intelligence, sanity, health and society

As for the result? Well the school bully never responded to negotiations. He only understood physical force. I expect more targeted airstrikes. It would not surprise me if the French put boots on the ground against ISIS. Although the French are poo pooed for their fighting abilities the reality is that they have a proud military history.

But this is a battle of ideas: and you cannot kill an idea.You can however outbreed the holders of contrary ideas. Kind of what is happening nowadays given dropping Western birthrates. Oh well, such is life.

marty998, The Falcon and T.C. like this.
  2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

3. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

It is tragic what happened in Paris. The international outrage is understandable. But its a shame when there is no outrage when hundreds of civilians die in similar terrorist acts in the middle East, perpetrated by the same group. Or where was the outrage when the US purposefully bomb a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan liking dozens of innocents?

Barely even a mention of it in the media.

skuzy, RM1827, Doncossack and 2 others like this.
  4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I sympathise with the people of Paris.

However there have been other incidents recently. A plane bombed in mid flight in Egypt. A bombing in Turkey. Another bombing in Beirut.

There was no outrage for these. They didn't touch home for most people. They did for me personally. My daughter was on her way to Turkey when that big bombing occurred. She was just outside of Beirut when that bombing happened (the deadliest there since 1990- until Friday it was no longer a place where these things happen). And she's on her way to Egypt.

There's reasons why there was no outrage for those places but there was for Paris.

I think a part of the reason is just a general thing about news. Things closer to home get more coverage. Things closer to home culturally get more coverage. News from Europe and the USA is more likely to get coverage here than anywhere because of the ties we have to Europe and the USA. We know so much about Europe, especially Britain, and the USA, from school lessons, newspaper reports and our own travels. Many of us don't know, or even care, about many countries outside of this circle. The Middle East gets coverage mostly for bombings- it's natural to assume that all that happens there is people killing each other. Even wife a Mexican wife, I knew very little of the rest of Latin America. I know little of Africa, and of much of Asia.

But another part is that this feels much closer to home. In the Middle East, things seem so far away. As mentioned, we know that there's been "just another bombing". Many of us have never been there. And the bombings which have occurred there, the ones we even know a little about, appear to have been bombings instigated by one group, possibly quite small, against another variety of Islam.

But many of us have been to Paris- and if we haven't, we know a lot about it. And this was an event which took a lot of coordination, and it was against "us" in the west. The scale has changed.

As it was on 9-11.

Ozzie in Texas, LibGS and AndrewTDP like this.
  5. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Watch ABC News or SBS.

Chrispy likes this.
  6. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. It's will be a very sad day if it happens. Just like yesterday was and every other day that innocent lives are lost for nothing.

I fear that if the super powers are unable to contain this disease (which it looks as if they cannot) it may lead to something like that. It's sad that humanity has progressed so much in some ways, yet is still stuck in medieval times in other ways.

7. Ozzie in Texas

Ozzie in Texas Well-Known Member

I apologize if my initial posting about Paris made you think I was unsympathetic to what is happening else. I have been following Turkey as well.

I don't agree with your assumption that it hasn't been in the news. It has covered in the US.

As for WW3 - this is a different kind of war. One that is more on par with guerrilla warfare - with extremist living and hiding behind innocent civilians.

8. geoffw

I didn't say there was no coverage. There was- although in the case of Beirut there was barely anything.

I said that there was no outrage. There's been no condemnation by politicians of the other events. There certainly hasn't been the blanket coverage that there was of Paris. There's been no Facebook themes available for profile pictures, no national landmarks lit up in the colours of Lebanon, Turkey or Russia.

RM1827 likes this.
  9. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Are you talking about us, or the Religious Extremists?

If you are talking about us, it's a noble thought, but our perfect world views are getting us killed at an accelerating rate, and clearly not working.

If you are talking about the Religious Extremists - good luck with that idea.

We are never gunna Kumbaya these nutjobs into extinction.

The re-education of these people has to come from the teachings within their own....and it aint happening.

I haven't heard too many Muftis or whatever they are called denouncing Jeehadists and casting them out of the Religion for their actions.

Seems to me they believe the more they kill, the more virgins they get.

10. Bayview

Do you honestly, seriously believe that? o_O

FWIW, I don't think the air bombings will do the job against these clowns.

It will require a concerted World effort to go on the ground as well, and constant world-wide re-education of their children and their children's children if we expect to finish this.

This is a World War now....they have proved that there are no exemptions - every religion, race, culture, Country not of their belief either submits or dies.

Last edited: 16th Nov, 2015
    Phantom and Ozzie in Texas like this.
  11. Ozzie in Texas

Since relocation I listen to Texas Public Radio and watch PBS news. There has been constant reporting up until a couple of days ago .....well prior to recent events in Paris. Someone said the same earlier about ABC and SBS doing the same.

I listen and watch public broadcast news because it's my daily brain food. It would be a wonderful day when commercial stations dropped the sensational.....and focus on the news.

Outrage as to come from the community and then politicians will follow suit......but that requires us to take an interest.

12. Ozzie in Texas

The US were responding to a request for support......and unfortunately, this isn't a traditional war and there are going to be casualties.

The biggest tragedy is that, unfortunately, there are going to be unintended accidents with innocent civilians being caught in misfired.......and it is happening because the cowardly extremists, both ISIS and the Taliban, hide themselves by living in the community.

Bayview likes this.
  13. Bayview

Exactly.

That is why I think this has to go to an "on the ground" effort as well - Worldwide participation.

14. geoffw

If there were muftis denouncing it probably wouldn't make our press.

Muslims denouncing have barely made the press. "Not in my name" - Muslims speak out against Paris attacks conducted in the name of Islam

15. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

This is from a Facebook post. I have not copied his name nor attribute to him as it is irrelevant. His words are not.

"I want to thank well-meaning non-Muslims who, in the wake of these attacks, have emphasised that they have been carried out by a small, twisted minority. A terrorist's goal is to sow hatred and discord, and by not giving in, you are defeating their plans.

But I want to say that as a Muslim, I wish that we weren't so quick to emphasise that this has nothing to do with us. While I personally have never killed anyone and none of my friends and family have ever resorted to violence, radicalism has everything to do with Islam. And the failure to address that out of a well-intentioned commitment to tolerance is making the problem worse.

ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and it is an Islamic problem. Let me say it again to be perfectly clear. ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and they are a cancer at the heart of Islam. And the problem will not go away until Muslims confront that.

ISIS attackers scream 'Allah hu'akbar' during their attacks.
    ISIS recruits cite Qur'anic verses as justification for the rape and enslavement of women.
    ISIS soldiers kill archaeologists, gay men and women, and people who refuse to convert to Islam because they are blasphemers.

There are no Christians in ISIS. There are no Buddhists, Jews, Pagans, Taoists, Houngans, Catholics, Wiccans, Hindus or even Scientologists in ISIS. ISIS is a Muslim organisation and they kill in the name of Islam.

So don't say that ISIS aren't 'true Muslims' or that they are 'not really Muslims'. Like any large organisation, ISIS exists in a spectrum. You have the aimless, restless teenager who never amounted to anything in his life and traveled to Syria because he can't find a job and doesn't know if the Qur'an is to be read from left to right or right to left. But you also have pious professionals, businessmen, and academics who read their Qur'an cover to cover, pray every day, were seduced into radicalism, and truly believe that the Islamic State's goal of conquest is a noble one. The so-called 'Caliph' Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi has a doctorate in Islamic studies.

So if you feel that Muslims are being oppressed or killed in Muslim countries, I expect you to also be just as outraged by ISIS. Because they have killed more Muslims in Iraq, Syria and Jordan than the entire US army. They have done more damage to the name and reputation of Islam than any Western nation. ISIS is Islam's biggest enemy, not the US, not Israel or France or Germany or the Russians.

We have to own the problem. We have to admit that this is a religious problem, and we need to renew our commitment to a secular country which treats all religions equally. I have believed in the importance of secularism all my life, and with every day that passes that belief grows stronger. Religion is no way to govern a nation. Not any religion, and not any nation.

ISIS is not America's problem, nor the British, nor the French. ISIS is not Syria or Iraq's problem. ISIS is a problem for Muslims. And if you can't admit that, you're not really a good Muslim either."

marty998, Doncossack, skater and 7 others like this.
  16. geoffw

There's an article in the press today Paris attacks: five things the world must do in response | theage.com.au

There's a reference in that article
    However I can't find a direct reference to this quote elsewhere in the press. It didn't get any coverage.

17. Bayview

Very true.

1. The Muslim Community need to be enormously more vocal and pro-active in their efforts to educate their children both at home, in the Mosque, and in the school....so far there is not much evidence of this happening, and various news commentators have highlighted this as well.

2. It is OUR problem as well, because the death cult also kills US and anyone who is not Muslim.

If Muslims want to get rid of the issue of them all being grouped under the one banner, then they need to be the most vocal and active of anyone on this Planet.

Obama ( I really like the guy) is a Muslim - he has been terrible with this issue so far.

18. Bayview

They are equipped well enough to seek out and obtain vast amounts of airtime and sound bites whenever they wish.

I put it to you that they are seriously scared of reprisals if they become too vocal against the death cult.

If this is the case; the death cult has won.

Last edited: 16th Nov, 2015
  19. geoffw

"They" being ordinary Muslims? They have just the same ability to gather sound bytes as you or me. It's only the ones who kill people or blow up things who get the publicity.

I did actually find a reference to what the grand mufti of Australia said . It was covered in that mighty Australian newspaper, the Bendigo Advertiser - referenced in a running feed of everything that was happening in Paris.

One gets the impression that the press isn't interested in Muslims condemning terrorism. It doesn't sell the news.

20. Bayview

No, the highest levels of their Religious Leaders. The Grand Mufti or whatever.

As a non-follower of all things religion, I don't have much of a clue about titles and quantities of these folks, but I would guess that each State of Aus would have at least one of these "highest in the tree" blokes?

Imagine a media conference announced with a gathering of every single one of these blokes from each State, all getting up and screaming; "Down with Isis!" into the mike/camera.....would definitely draw the team from Sunrise and a couple of the newspapers, surely? o_O

Even Tracy Grimshaw might give 'em a run.

And then there's Facebook and Twitter etc.

The only media coverage we seem to get so far is some supporter nutjob saying that these Isis blokes are "acting because of Western Oppression, and what do you all expect?" type guff.